Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (GoneBoatN)      Join Date: Jun 2014       02-10-2016, 3:28 PM Reply   
I have a 2010 MC which has Auto Volume integrated in the stereo system and really like this feature for the most part. On my boat it uses RPM and as soon as the RPM increases a bit the stereo starts to turn up immediately. This is kind of annoying when going back to pick up the rider at a speed any higher than idle. There are three settings on how much you can change the volume and even on the highest setting with the most change in volume, you still need to manually lower the volume or mute it.

I rode in an older boat that had an aftermarket HSE volume control and noticed it was similar in operation, but in my opinion worked much better than the MC version. It operates based on RPM, but you can program the RPM that you want the unit to start changing volume. It also has a time delay so when the RPM goes higher than the programmed RPM it waits a little bit before turning up. This feature is nice in that you can jazz the throttle when maneuvering the boat without the stereo going up and down. The amount the stereo changes volume can easily be adjusted with a knob so you can have it operate any way you want and not need to mess with mute button etc.

Just curious which new boats now integrate this feature in the sound system and if they all operate in the same way? If MC has improved the features, can the dealer flash my computer to upgrade to the new features?
Old     (feral)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-10-2016, 6:54 PM Reply   
cant really answer but I run an HSE and it is a great product.

I would have expected that even the 2010 MC had an RPM setting somewhere as others I have seen have, but that's a question for MC.

most people seem to be running the volume off their phones with an app based on movement - hence the demise of the HSE product.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-10-2016, 9:11 PM Reply   
Supra has that feature integrated and it can be programmed and turned off. I found this all out the same way you did. Used to annoy me at that low speed when it would go up and down so I changed it.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-11-2016, 7:54 AM Reply   
I have an HSE in my MB, but never tried the apps. I am curious, if you use an app that would run off GPS, which would use data and battery life on your phone right? I have unlimited data so I don't care but curious how everyone else does it. Seems like 8 hours on a boat would be nasty on a data plan

I think Natique does some type of built in volume control as well.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-11-2016, 11:20 AM Reply   
I have a 2015 G21 and it also has volume control. I am not 100% sure how it work but I know that the volume is reduced by a handful of user selectable attenuation settings. The volume raises and lower on starting and stopping, so I am guessing it is either speed or RPM based. I don;t think I can set the trigger point of when it starts raising or lowering the value.

Uj
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-11-2016, 5:40 PM Reply   
The Nautique and the Supra system should be very similar since they use the same Murphy screen and system with a few minor tweaks as I understand it. Can't remember all the settings, but will double check in a few weeks when I have mine.