Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (mancho)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-12-2015, 9:08 AM Reply   
I'm not giving up, but what a doof. I can't get this IS board to grab on the return of the 360, and I'm not putting those side fins in, because it just turns into a surfboard that's boring...

What tips you got to help this noobie?

Last edited by mancho; 10-12-2015 at 9:08 AM. Reason: removed my title in the video embed
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-12-2015, 11:06 AM Reply   
Check out some other strings, but in a nutshell you are standing too tall and putting too much pressure on your front foot.
Start further back in the wake, crouch down more and put more pressure on your rear foot when coming around.

More fins or larger fins does not make a skim board a surfboard. It is a skim board and will always be a skim board regardless of fins.

Nick
Old     (mancho)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-12-2015, 11:11 AM Reply   
Thanks Nick. I'll try farther back. I know Im too close when I fall into the swim deck LOL

What I mean about those 1.5 inch side fins, when I stick them on, the board is a grabber and I am trying to get from surf to skim... learning wise. I can surf, but after watching James Walker kill it, I think I wan to try to jack my Triple X slayer pro board with 4.5" fiberglass fins, around.. but whoa, thats a lot of man handling the board.

at least one thing is for sure about this sport, it's a never-endless opportunity to learn new skills!
Old     (Expedite03)      Join Date: Dec 2014       10-12-2015, 12:19 PM Reply   
I've been at the same exact spot as you for two summers. Surf with the IS Black pearl. Keep your head up and good luck. You're so close.
Old     (mancho)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-12-2015, 1:10 PM Reply   
Cool thanks, I'll see if I can borrow that board or check out the stock fin set up.

I know there is a big difference between surf and skimming however I think I'm trying to skim on the forward part of the wake and im failing to bring the board up w the wake by pushing right rear foot counter clockwise to a180 and then surf down the wake rev and then flip the 180 back... Sound right?
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-12-2015, 2:33 PM Reply   
Try another 25 times, and you should have it!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-12-2015, 2:35 PM Reply   
Don't forget to look for the port side corner of the boat as you come around, this should help stop the rotation.
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       10-16-2015, 4:11 AM Reply   
As Nick said try further back on the wake, you are too close to the boat. Also stay low in the bottom of the wake grab the water close to the board with only one hand. when you grab close to the board you will send to spin in a tight circle rather then grabbing higher and spinning yourself over the wave.
Also, spin your head around first and look for the boat to help stop your rotation. don't look down as that is the direction you will go.