Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-14-2013, 6:18 AM Reply   
The center rear section on my Malibu VLS, aluminum honeycomb construction, caved in and is now junk. I have a new piece of Hi-Density Polyethylene. It measures about 28"x57". It also has a hole in it for the table stand. I have the carpet off the old piece. It removed nicely and is ready to go back on the polyethylene. I have my spray adhesive that I know will work. What I dont know is the best way to go about gluing it down. Should I start at one end and work to the other? Or should I start at the hole and work out? Any help will be very much appreciated.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-14-2013, 6:24 AM Reply   
I've only done this once so might not be the best advice but worked for me. I laid the carpet over the panel and folded it over the edges (without adhesive) and marked down the edges with a piece of chalk. That set a line for me to know if it was going down jacked up. Applied adhesive, started at one end, and rolled it out watching the marked edges.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-14-2013, 6:59 AM Reply   
Carpet spray glue is pretty forgiving. It's not like contact cement where if you get it off center u can't re position. But you sometime run the risk when you pull it back up you can run a thread. Williams advise is good. Spray both the carpet and the part your glueing to. The glue takes a few mins to become sticky the longer you wait the more sticky it becomes so if your UN sure position the carpet before the glue gets sticky and you will be good to go
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-14-2013, 7:10 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. I did a fair amount of research and found some pretty slow setting glue. According to the label and what other poeple have reported I will have about 20 minutes from initial spray till it sets up. Thanks guys.