Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-10-2013, 7:39 AM Reply   
Without going into to much detail, the answer to your question, for me, is "Depreciation Savings". There are a few threads already about this topic.

Back to the boat colors - what do you guys think (keep in mind that I won't have the design package/white windshield)?
*White hull / Black forward stripe
*Black hull / Black forward stripe
*Black hull / White forward stripe
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-10-2013, 9:05 AM Reply   
stick to the classics- yellow hull, orange top deck and white flames in the gelcoat would be best. If you intend on selling it next year, make sure you add some racing checkers on the upholstery and tie in the flames too. Have you looked into tige yet?
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-10-2013, 4:06 PM Reply   
Black hull w white forward stripe
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       02-10-2013, 10:29 PM Reply   
Ben R....the only thing you're missing is a wheel barrow full of mula. Don't let anyone bullshoot you or give you some type of "finance" story...G23 and G25 buyers/owners have a shi$ load of money. I'll bet half of them buy the boats cash...no financing...or just trade last years 230 and pay the cash difference. It's just an expensive hobby. Myself...I love seeing everyone pick colors for these things. I love boating, water sports and everything that comes with it. I think it's exciting for the industry to see all these G's moving..and to tell the truth...I'm amazed they are selling SO many. These are 120K 23 foot boats and they are moving out the door like kayaks...lol Even the G25s are starting to hit the Internet pics from the dealers. A 25 foot ski boat more expensive then a HOUSE!!! Have a great summer when things warm up..

Ken
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-12-2013, 5:34 PM Reply   
decided to go with the following. also, went with the 550hp engine this time around.
Attached Images

Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-12-2013, 6:47 PM Reply   
That is sick! how much ballast are you planning on running with the 550!
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       02-12-2013, 10:48 PM Reply   
Nice colors. They had one similar at the Austin/San Antonio boat show with a 550. Would fit right in here as the San Antonio Spurs boat!! Enjoy
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-13-2013, 6:40 AM Reply   
Looks good dude.. I'm still sayin go with the silver faux teak..
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-13-2013, 6:53 AM Reply   
Looks great!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-13-2013, 8:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichter14 View Post
I am confused as to why people buy a boat and then sell and get something new the next year. Do you just enjoy paying interest and never knocking down that principal? Inform me if I am missing something
These boats don't depreciate too crazy. Maybe 10 grand in year one depending. Buy low with cash and sell at 10 grand under what you paid for 13 years rather than keep the boat for 13 years is the basic way I understand it

Last edited by simplej; 02-13-2013 at 8:16 AM.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-13-2013, 9:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
These boats don't depreciate too crazy. Maybe 10 grand in year one depending. Buy low with cash and sell at 10 grand under what you paid for 13 years rather than keep the boat for 13 years is the basic way I understand it
$10k a year before gas, truck, maintenence and gear..

I don't love to ride that much!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-13-2013, 10:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
$10k a year before gas, truck, maintenence and gear..

I don't love to ride that much!
but you pay that even if you keep a boat!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-13-2013, 10:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
but you pay that even if you keep a boat!
A $120k G23, yes.

My $20k Mobius was fine.

Again, I don't like to ride THAT much (my riding shows that!)
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       02-13-2013, 9:24 PM Reply   
I agree with Jeff_mn......I think this combo needs the grey floor IMO....