Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    StephanieWW            02-28-2014, 1:34 PM Reply   
Wicked Wraps is buying a boat to wrap, and we've narrowed it down to a 2007 MB Sports 24V Sport Deck. We had a few questions that we were hoping some wake enthusiasts could answer...

How is the wake?

Is the built-in sink useful?

Does the Head have snap-in carpet?

Any and all advice is appreciated!
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-28-2014, 1:40 PM Reply   
I never thought there would be this set of questions asked about this particular boat....ever...
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-28-2014, 2:09 PM Reply   
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-28-2014, 2:30 PM Reply   
You mean someone is actually gonna buy the one at Seattle watersports. It's been on there forever. Honestly, if you buy this you will probably have a hell of a time selling it in the future.
Old    StephanieWW            02-28-2014, 3:17 PM Reply   
These are important lady question!
Old    StephanieWW            02-28-2014, 3:18 PM Reply   
Do you have the inside scoop on this particular boat?
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-28-2014, 3:22 PM Reply   
No. It's been on their site a looooong time.....prob since 07 so I just remembered the boat. Then I saw you are in Washington so figured it was it.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-28-2014, 3:23 PM Reply   
don't think it was a very popular boat for MB.
Old    StephanieWW            02-28-2014, 3:24 PM Reply   
You are right! Impressive. We liked it because the interior can be colored with vinyl paint and we'll cover it with a sick wrap. Just not sure about the sink and head...
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-01-2014, 7:15 AM Reply   
I always wondered about those boats. A deck style boat you could surf behind. Wonder what the surf wave is like on that?
Old     (Iceberg)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-01-2014, 11:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
How is the wake?

Is the built-in sink useful?

Does the Head have snap-in carpet?

Any and all advice is appreciated!
1. OK. This boat has never been considered a wakeboat, more of a cross-over. Never pulled a tournament, nor been in a wakeboard movie. Can you have fun with it? Certainly!

2. If you need to clean veggies, your hands after a bad episode in the head, or a boo boo if you fall and hit your head.

3. If it did, it would be the first thing you would remove. Actually I believe it has some carpet for the porta-potti to foul.

As you can see, it is a wide-body and from reports has a good surf wave as you might expect do to its size. Now all you have to do is weight it. As well, it has lots of freeboard and storage for the bags.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-01-2014, 11:17 AM Reply   
Do these things share a running surface with any other MB? Looks like an interesting concept. Not the most aesthetically pleasing boat I've seen, but the interior looks crazy roomy.
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-01-2014, 3:22 PM Reply   
My friend has one stay away horrible wake board wake and surf wake. It drives like sh**.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-02-2014, 7:01 AM Reply   
The first thing I thought when i saw this thread….this has to be a joke right????

Considering this a wakeboard/ surf forum and you put deck boat…..sink….and head in the same post. None of which belong in/ on a wake boat. This is a joke right???
Old     (Iceberg)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-02-2014, 8:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
The first thing I thought when i saw this thread….this has to be a joke right????
Maybe, maybe not! This is a bill-board boat; so why not use a deck-boat, or any boat that can show the work of the graphic? You can always be part of any water-sport event as a support boat, or even on a trailer to be seen in places where customers may be lurking. Now, if the intent was to get some great upper level wakeboarding happening, then this is not the right boat. If the intent is to have some novice fun, which 90% of most boarders are, then again, why not? Not to be a wake-snob, but people do wakeboard behind jet boats and have fun doing it.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-02-2014, 7:03 PM Reply   
Having trouble finding the original threads on it, but basically the 24V was built out of molds that Mike purchased from another boat manufacturer. (Chaparral I think, again having a hard time hunting down the threads from the past)

It was originally designed to be an I/O, and its driving characteristics will follow suite. One major flaw I recall was since it was designed to be an I/O, with the Vdrive the draft was really big, meaning shallow water operation might get hairy.

Overall, it was a flop. It did nothing well, as it was just one big compromise. If you can get an amazing deal on it and it gets you on the water though, go for it...

(I am surprised more people don't remember when these came out, maybe all the old members have been chased away....)
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-02-2014, 7:29 PM Reply   
If you were curious, compare the 24V to a Chaparral Sunesta 223.

http://www.skidock.com/Page.aspx/dii...3-Sunesta.aspx

If you look at the rear pic of the Chaparral in that ad compared to this of the 24V, you will see the commonality. (And you can see the void above the swim platform on the MB that was notched out when the boat was still using I/O propulsion.

http://images.boats.com/photos/323/2...69_102_pic.jpg
Old    StephanieWW            03-03-2014, 9:42 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the feedback! We definitely won't be doing any major wake boarding, just a boat to have fun in and show off our Wicked Wrap. Frank and Matt - you are the best!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-03-2014, 12:24 PM Reply   
if you pull the trigger, promise to post some pics up here when the wrap is done.
Old    StephanieWW            03-04-2014, 11:34 AM Reply   
You know it Ian! Check out the ones we've done so far: http://wickedwraps.net/work/boats/

Last edited by StephanieWW; 03-04-2014 at 11:35 AM. Reason: wrong link
Old     (cassieww)      Join Date: May 2014       05-28-2014, 2:38 PM Reply   
We didn't get the boat that we had originally planned on getting. We got a 2007 Yamaha AR230HO!

We absolutely love it!

Here's a picture of it now, but we are going to be wrapping it this week to match the truck!

Will post a picture of it fully done soon! Stay tuned
Attached Images

Old     (cassieww)      Join Date: May 2014       06-13-2014, 3:35 PM Reply   
The boat is officially done being wrapped!! Check it out!

We can't wait to get it out on the water
Attached Images

Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-13-2014, 7:32 PM Reply   
You can pour syrup on ****.......don't make it pancakes!
Old     (AlbertaSurfer)      Join Date: May 2014       06-13-2014, 9:02 PM Reply   
Wrapped the wakeboard too?
Old     (cassieww)      Join Date: May 2014       06-14-2014, 12:50 PM Reply   
LOL @Red
Old     (cassieww)      Join Date: May 2014       06-14-2014, 12:51 PM Reply   
@ScottyMo, yep we wrapped it! Good eye Wicked Wrap the world!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-14-2014, 1:58 PM Reply   
That's one big jet ski!
Old     (AlbertaSurfer)      Join Date: May 2014       06-14-2014, 11:28 PM Reply   
Hey Cassie, I picked up a roll of satin black to wrap from the same spot on the bottom of the hull you did, up to just above the rub rail on my XStar. Any tricks to making this look right? There's no graphic, just black.

Oh, and nice work on the truck and Yammy. For a flagship rig, it should drum up some business. Good luck!
Old     (bwake)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-15-2014, 12:57 AM Reply   
Dont you think you could have got a better boat, and done a better wrap to advertise your product? You are advertising on a Wakeboarding forum you know!

Last edited by bwake; 06-15-2014 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Update
Old     (Jed)      Join Date: Aug 2013       06-16-2014, 1:23 AM Reply   
My mind makes that want to read "wicked warps". Funny. Looks go tho. Should draw some attention.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-16-2014, 7:01 AM Reply   
You should have picked an uglier looking boat and a better looking wrap, that way the boat looks better wrapped.

Just my .02
Old     (cassieww)      Join Date: May 2014       06-16-2014, 1:12 PM Reply   
@ScottyMo It's really not as easy as it looks. I myself don't do the installs so I can't give you any tips other than to make sure it goes down dry and start from the transom so that the sides overlap aerodynamically. Good luck!
Old     (cassieww)      Join Date: May 2014       06-16-2014, 1:12 PM Reply   
@Mikeski I know it's SO FUN to drive!
Old     (crow210)      Join Date: Mar 2014       06-16-2014, 1:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwake View Post
Dont you think you could have got a better boat, and done a better wrap to advertise your product? You are advertising on a Wakeboarding forum you know!
Don't you see the rack? If that doesn't make it a wake boat, what does?
Old     (cassieww)      Join Date: May 2014       06-16-2014, 1:15 PM Reply   
@BryonGray and @Chattwake Different strokes for different folks. Yeah it might not produce the biggest wake, but we have fun anyway Isn't that all that matters?