Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-28-2012, 9:19 AM Reply   
We have a 2009 VLX with 150 hours and we have experienced two separate paint issues now with the trailer. First the paint lifted off of the fenders and now the paint is bubbling and lifting in the corners and starting to peel from up under the trailer.
I thought I remember seeing a simliar issue with someone else a couple years back when I was dealing with the fender issue.

A month ago Extreme was telling our local dealer that this was a warranty issue and advised them to get prices to fix the problem which included sandblasting the whole trailer, prepping the trailer correctly, and repainting.
Currently Extreme has changed their direction and is saying that it is from normal wear and rock chips although the trailer has less than 500 miles on it, mostly to and from our local boat launch. To top it off the boat and trailer are wiped down after every use and stored in the garage and out of the weather 9 months out of the year.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? Any response from Extreme?
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-03-2012, 10:28 PM Reply   
Brady, I'm sorry to hear of your paint issue with Extreme. I'm sorry but I have nothing but bad news for you from my own trailer. I have had so many problems with my Extreme trailer vs. actual boat I want to cry. In fact the paint is coming up on my trailer too but with everything else this Extreme trailer has put me through I barely even notice it. Good luck dealing with Extreme. IMO trailer companies don't have to care about us as owners because they don't market to us, and therefore I haven't had great relations with them regarding repairs. They don't have to be a good company to us as owners. When we buy a new boat the trailer is the last thing we think about and they know this. They sell themselves to the dealer for the lowest costs and in Extreme's case that also includes bad trailer design, bad parts and I see now bad paint.

Sorry man, good luck non the less, hopefully they have changed in the last year...