Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-23-2011, 10:49 PM Reply   
so i decided on all my "upgrades" that im upgrading my ballast since its basically just plug and play.

im looking at wakemakers.com and they have everything i need to make a quick swap.

so questions are, has anyone done this in a LSV? i keep reading everywhere people doing it in the XLV.

right now i ride the OEM Gravity III ballast w/ a 500lb fly high sac additonal in the bow. I think the wake is really nice (like more front weight in moomba)

what configuration can i fit and what should i go with. Can i fit a full 1100lb in the ski locker? i know i can fit 750's in the back w/ an extension, i heard they make 540s though, i'd rather do the smaller ones in back and a huge one up front since the moomba is gross w/ front weight.

my wake now:

22.5mph riding 65ft wake play at exactly 1/2

just for comparison here is stock ballast w/ out the extra 500lb in the center, you can see the diff it makes.

Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-24-2011, 5:51 AM Reply   
Yes they will fit. You should reinforce the divider wall. Don't know if they will get full but real close but more than the 750's. Also, I think you need a 2006 LSV or newer

Last edited by you_da_man; 08-24-2011 at 5:55 AM.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-24-2011, 7:00 AM Reply   
It does not have a playpen correct? I think it is a walkthrough and no way an 1180lb bag will fit in there. It fits on the XLV cause it is a playpen.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-24-2011, 8:01 AM Reply   
Oh, thought you were talking about the rear sacs being 1100. Diggs is correct, no way an 1180 will fit in center locker. Go with the integrated bow sac for extra bow weight and it will be hidden.
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-24-2011, 10:26 AM Reply   
so the 540's in the rear are fine but im screwed for the front being hooked up to OEM system...

yeah its an 06 LSV no playpen
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-24-2011, 10:59 AM Reply   
i was confused too, i thought you were talking about twin 1100s in the rear.
yeah for the front you want this
http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-i...d-bow-sac.html

you have 4 options
1. fill and drain it manually with an external pump you plug into cig lighter jack
2. drill hull, add a new pump and switch to fill and drain it
3. piggy back it on your center sack, ie if fills center first then over flows into bow sack
4. remove the lines go your center sack, and run them to the bow sack.
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-24-2011, 12:36 PM Reply   
interested in how to "piggy back" the lines