Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-17-2011, 1:07 PM Reply   
pics? whats your thoughts on surface temps in the sun, showing scratchs worse etc?

many thanks
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-17-2011, 1:21 PM Reply   
I had it in red in my 07 Limited and blue in my 08 Worlds. Loved it.
Old     (bzubke1)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-17-2011, 2:15 PM Reply   
I have red, I never noticed it getting very hot. I think it makes the whole boat look a lot better if the interior gelcoat matches the rest of the boat instead of being white.
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-17-2011, 2:44 PM Reply   
I have all my interior gel coat light grey that matches the top cap and outside. I really think it cleans up a boat to have the interior another color than white.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-17-2011, 3:44 PM Reply   
I had white interior gel in my last 3 230's and hated it. It shows every spec of dirt, debris, etc. I can't wait to have a colored interior in my next boat.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-17-2011, 4:18 PM Reply   
I have red and its great. the top deck probably gets a little hotter than white, but we never really notice it since we are always wet on the lake. A buddy of mine had an all black boat and it also was not as bad as I thought it would be. But once again, that might have more to do with the fact that you are in/out of the water.

My red does show scratches, but the black part of my boat does. So I would imagine that black in side would as well.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-17-2011, 5:01 PM Reply   
02 Tige 20V
I really think the colored looks so much better than white....temp isnt bad with red, im in AZ with 110 degree summers, so even white would get hot! but i've never had an issue with the red interior gel coat being too hot.

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-17-2011, 5:03 PM Reply   
Old     (rt360)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-17-2011, 6:36 PM Reply   
it looks like it's on fire joey. LOL
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       01-18-2011, 10:52 AM Reply   
We have it on our axis. I am thinking of putting some 3m clear bra type stuff on it. Ours got a few scratches in it this past season.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-19-2011, 6:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt360 View Post
it looks like it's on fire joey. LOL
dont see many boats with colored interior gel coat. i see more newer ones with it, but only seen a few like mine! Seen a black one, and a blue one, and they were just pictures on tigeowners
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-19-2011, 7:12 PM Reply   
I have had colored interior gel coat. If you take care of it, it is just fine. Mine always looks like new. Yes it can get hotter, but you are not ever sitting in those places and in the climate I live in it is not a big deal. Maybe I would not do it in AZ or TX. Kind of hard to tell from these pics, but these are a few past boats with black gel coat inside.
Attached Images

Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-20-2011, 10:06 AM Reply   
Just ordered a '11 Malibu LSV with black interior gel coat. We'll see how it goes. We also went grey vinyl and all black outside, so I guess we've given up on the fact that it's just going to be hot all the time. Certain sacrifices must be made to get the look right. LOL!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-20-2011, 10:47 AM Reply   
^^^^ Is this the new CIE boat? No Mastercraft X-Star this time?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-21-2011, 12:56 PM Reply   
Ditto Jay. What happened to the X-star being the greatest boat on the earth?! :-) Glad to hear you guys going Malibu though.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-21-2011, 1:10 PM Reply   
Yup, LSV on the way. I can't wait to see the finished product. We've still got our X-star, and it still is the greatest wake I've ever ridden. We're all hoping that a loaded LSV will equal it. I guess we'll really be able to give an unbiased opinion after owning both, but the LSV that we towed Spring Ride with last year sure was a nice boat. I don't think there's ever been a ton of mystery that Master Craft and Malibu are our #1 and #2 boats. I'm just not sure what order they go in.

IMO, this is paradise. Choose which wake you feel like:
Attached Images

Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-09-2011, 8:30 AM Reply   
(guido)---- Spoiled much hahahaha! thats wicked
Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-09-2011, 4:22 PM Reply   
"I don't think there's ever been a ton of mystery that Master Craft and Malibu are our #1 and #2 boats."

Sorry Scooby Doo the mystery machine and JD Powers thows SAN in the mix and bumps Malibu into the also ran category.

Last edited by consigliereg8r; 02-09-2011 at 4:26 PM.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       02-09-2011, 9:31 PM Reply   
Evan ~~ Work that Houseboat!!!

Joey ~~ That 02 is sexy!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-10-2011, 10:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by consigliereg8r View Post
"I don't think there's ever been a ton of mystery that Master Craft and Malibu are our #1 and #2 boats."

Sorry Scooby Doo the mystery machine and JD Powers thows SAN in the mix and bumps Malibu into the also ran category.
You missed the "our" in that quote. He is talking about his team of riders.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-10-2011, 10:41 AM Reply   
Evan,

Im scared for you, your boat is going to be so hot in the delta sun. you may want to get the towel seat covers. Theres a reason why i went for blue and grey. Not the flashiest colors (wanted all black) but i dont bake in the sun.
Old     (ShawnB)      Join Date: Oct 2010       02-10-2011, 11:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by consigliereg8r View Post

Will be very interesting when 2011 JD Power boat ratings gets released. A lot has changed in the industry since the last report was published (2009).
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       02-10-2011, 11:41 AM Reply   
Cant wait to see the new CIE whip! always stuntin!!!!