Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (goinboardn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-22-2005, 7:03 PM Reply   
Just got delivered my 2 Simer BW85 series pumps... i was led to believe these are reversable.... are they? and if so how? the manual doesnt say.
Old     (goinboardn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-22-2005, 7:15 PM Reply   
alright, in my search i found the "how to wire" now i just need to know if this model is reversable.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-22-2005, 7:19 PM Reply   
you need to get the bosch 5 pin relays with the factory dpdt switches. you can get the switches from malibu or mastercraft. for the relays, try parts express. as far as wiring them it is on this board somewhere in the history.
Old     (wakedog)      Join Date: May 2003       06-23-2005, 4:56 AM Reply   
I have 2 Simers in my boat. The pumps are reversible by reversing the polarity on the 2 wires.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-23-2005, 7:11 AM Reply   
alll you need is a 6 or 7 pin dpdt switch...you already see the wiring diagram... I found mine at waytekwire.com... they also have switch covers but if you want labeled covers you can get them from your local mastercraft or centurion dealer.
Old     (superair)      Join Date: May 2000       06-23-2005, 4:48 PM Reply   
I also just installed 2 simmer pumps. I went the relay route. That way you are sending ver little amps through the switch. Its very simple to wire in the relays.

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-24-2005, 8:45 AM Reply   
DPDT 20A switch.

Center terminals to +12v, -12v
Pump to top or bottom terminals.
Jumper wires from top left terminal to bottom right terminal and top right to bottom left.

Use 14ga wire or bigger fuse with 15-20A fuse at the power source.

Just order the pump, not the vacuum, get spare impellers. The instructions don't say they are reversible but there are probably more than 100 of these operating in this configuration in wakeworlder's boats. Want to fill/drain faster? Use 2 in parallel, this also gives you a redundant pump in the event of a failure.
Old     (goinboardn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-09-2005, 12:11 AM Reply   
How do y'all oil these pumps as recommended on the outside? or do you just go on the same theory as you do on the impeller in the boat and let the water lube.
Old    gus_jd            07-11-2005, 7:48 PM Reply   
I put some vaseline on the impeller before I installed mine this season. I've filled and emptied my 1900 lb ballast system about 15 times with no problem. I used DPDT switches from Home Depot to save cash. Very happy with the system. Be sure to use heavy enough wire!
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-12-2005, 6:48 AM Reply   
Anybody who wants simer pumps farm and fleet is clearancing them out for $39 a pop!