Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakebadass)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-12-2017, 11:03 AM Reply   
I have decided on the Roswell Aviator tower for my Malibu 21 LSV and I want to go with the OEM mount Style, I looked at the install directions and if you have a 5/8 inch thick deck you do not need to reinforce it at all. What gets my attention is that there is no backing place and you just use a washer and lock nut on the stud. Has anyone installed the OEM style tower? I thought maybe they include a backing plate but it does not show it in the directions?
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       06-12-2017, 2:35 PM Reply   
Can't answer your question specifically but when I had a Samson tower installed on my old boat they cut aluminum plate and epoxied it in behind each mount. I would suggest you do that even if the directions don't call for it. I think you can get appropriate 4" or 5" aluminum or steel bar at a hardware store and cut it to length/shape with an angle grinder. Shouldn't add too much time to your install.
Old     (Dandy21)      Join Date: May 2016       06-13-2017, 11:14 AM Reply   
Where have you found the Aviator with the OEM mount?

I noticed it in the product video, but have been able to find a place to purchase it. I am very interested in removing our factory tower and replacing it with this on our Tige 22Ve. I want to get away from the legs that come forward of the windshield, I don't like how they impair view. I also think it would really freshen up the look of the boat and would provide better options for racks. I am looking forward to reading about the install.

Like saberworks mentioned, I would strongly recommend placing something under your deck as a backer. On an old I/O we had, that we installed a tower on, we used some old treated decking boards as the backer. Expoxied them in place and seemed to work as well. Since they were wood, about 1-2X a year I would get a ratchet out and make sure they were snug just in the event the wood shrunk/dried out further.
Old     (wakebadass)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-14-2017, 8:07 AM Reply   
Roswell does not advertise the OEM mount tower and they need to be ordered directly from a dealer. BSwake.com is where I ordered mine through, they have the best prices of anyone online, but you will need to call them to order an OEM style Aviator. Ask for Jayson their # is 262-248-1703. I measured my hull and I will need to add some reinforcement, it recommends adding a 1/2 inch thick ABS plastic under the mounting location and securing it with fiberglass body filler. so i will do that and most likely add a aluminum backing plate on top of that as well, I would rather be safe than sorry.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       06-15-2017, 11:22 AM Reply   
We have them for sale and can get the OEM mount i'm pretty sure.