Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-10-2010, 8:41 AM Reply   
I'm a Direct TV customer already..... and the people say I have to pay for it when new people get it free.... doesnt seem fair does it?
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-10-2010, 8:44 AM Reply   
TV service is such a racket. I had Direct for a couple years but jumped to Surewest as soon as they offered in the neighborhood. Surewest's regular channels are the same if not better quality than Direct's HD. Weird how it varies from one to another.
Good luck!
Old    bigdtx            06-10-2010, 10:14 AM Reply   
threaten to cancel - that usually works.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-10-2010, 12:50 PM Reply   
Where do you see that offer? I'm in the same boat. Do they really want me to cancel the service and then start it again??
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-10-2010, 2:07 PM Reply   
hey david..... I heard on the radio that Dish network was offering it to "New" customers.... so I looked it up online at Direct TV's website and they said they same thing..... but I thought they would just do it since i have been a customer for 6 or more freaking years. If i'm not mistaken..... if you cancel the service.... and start again... your still not a "New" customer... being you have been with them previously. Were screwed man....
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-10-2010, 2:15 PM Reply   
I had dish for over 10 years and once DVR's got big, and they were basically giving them to new customers, I got irked. Called a bunch of times to try to get one, but I can't remember if I actually threatened to leave. Each time they said they had to charge me for the unit.

Then AT&T u-verse ran new fiber optic lines in my neighborhood and their service was cheaper, and had the DVR. I switched immediately.

Then the Douche's from Dish called me at least 4 or 5 times to get me back with the question "what will it take to get you back"? Eff off. I gave you that option.

I LOVE u-verse. I can record 4 things at one time on one DVR!
Old     (ritchieps190)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-10-2010, 3:02 PM Reply   
I don't understand why people get upset when teaser rates are offered by companies like directv in order to lure customers...
Old     (megsswm)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-10-2010, 3:45 PM Reply   
I have been with Directv for 9 years now, and always get the "new Customer" rates. I usually call once a year and look up the best deal at the time and sask for it and then say I will cancel if I am not included....it has always worked. This year I got a new HD DVR receiver, new dish, and HD access for a year for free, plus a $10 a month discount for signing a 12 month contract. YOu have to be really firm with them and explain why your such a good customer, but they seem to be reasonable and give in, You just have to really push and go up the chain and talk to a supervisor usually. There was a point a year ago where it didn't seem like they were going to give me the new rate and I almost cancelled, so you do have to be willing to change if they call your bluff, then when you call to cancel they will offer you the new customer incentive anyway.
Good Luck!
Old     (jimmy_z)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-10-2010, 4:53 PM Reply   
Just tell them you want to cancel. The will give it to you for free and maybe throw in HBO or Showtime for 3 months. They always do for me.