Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-30-2016, 9:18 AM Reply   
So back to Trump, not only did he lose the debate, but man has he lost the post debate news cycle by being unable to get past the machado thing. Holy smokes dude, let it go.

To me this bodes sooooooo not well for the guy in the white house. Is he going to govern this way? Will he call Mitch McConnell's wife fat or ugly to get under his skin? How'd Jesse Ventura work out in MN?
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       09-30-2016, 9:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
OK, these two didn't blown up anything, but were caught and arrested. Here's a link to Liberal news dot com...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/08/us/ter...rges-refugees/

And to be fair and balanced...lol, a link to "faux news"...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...ots-in-us.html

2013 report from ABC...

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/al-qae...ry?id=20931131

You really want these people as your neighbors?

My take on this is we are American. We should first and foremost protect our citizens. It is clear that there have been terrorist related refugees admitted into the US, CNN even admits the terror related arrests. Why would we risk ONE citizens life to admit them when (if liberal bleeding hearts insist), it would be safer to send aid overseas and establish somewhere safe they can stay until the Oblunder is done with lines in the sand lies?
Let me quote myself since WakesRealStupid obviously didn't read my original post. Where have I mentioned immigrants dumba$$?
Old     (sppeders)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-30-2016, 9:55 AM Reply   
I think after Obama leaves office, maybe we should just take a break and be single for awhile... figure things out before we jump into another presidency.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-30-2016, 10:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Let me quote myself since WakesRealStupid obviously didn't read my original post. Where have I mentioned immigrants dumba$$?
Oh man. Again with your attacks.

Did you even read the links you originally posted? They're talking about refugees AND immigration. Try and get your point across without verbal attacks and "Praying for death of the unbelievers!" , you sound just like the guys you're trying to keep out.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-30-2016, 10:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sppeders View Post
I think after Obama leaves office, maybe we should just take a break and be single for awhile... figure things out before we jump into another presidency.
Best post in a long time on this thread.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-30-2016, 10:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
The difference is we have the right to keep and bear arms. I don't remember reading anything about a "right" to keep and bear possible terrorists. If one of them blows something up, I just pray your family and loved ones are in the blast radius... and I'll still say told ya so.
Vanilla, did you really mean to say that you pray that his family and loved ones ARE in the blast radius in your fantasy??? You pray for that??? Besides Satan, who would hear that prayer?
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       09-30-2016, 10:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
Oh man. Again with your attacks.

Did you even read the links you originally posted? They're talking about refugees AND immigration. Try and get your point across without verbal attacks and "Praying for death of the unbelievers!" , you sound just like the guys you're trying to keep out.
Lmao, we'll have to agree to disagree. The links were simply examples to Shawn about refugee problems. You go ahead and take it anyway you like and feel free to stay butt hurt as long as you need to. See? I can be a nice guy.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       09-30-2016, 10:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Vanilla, did you really mean to say that you pray that his family and loved ones ARE in the blast radius in your fantasy??? You pray for that??? Besides Satan, who would hear that prayer?
Really? Try reading the posts before asking. I already explained the statement.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       09-30-2016, 10:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
I don't care because I'm not a religious type so I don't think your prayers would be answered, just proving a point.

You original links talked about BOTH immigration and refugees, no matter which way you spin it, you got lost in your arguments and went to the death threats and name calling.
Man you are one whiny little bitch aren't you. If you read the statement it says IF they blow something up, I pray it's your family and loved ones in the blast radius. That my mentally challenged friend does NOT constitute a "death threat". If you are SOOOO sure the vetting is perfected, why worry?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-30-2016, 11:58 AM Reply   
VaG, you are one sick puppy - even Mr High Road is calling you out on this one.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-30-2016, 12:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
That is the best post in this whole thread and couldn't be more accurate!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-30-2016, 1:05 PM Reply   
Would you vote for this woman?
Attached Images

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-30-2016, 4:55 PM Reply   
Dude, it's not adultery if the guy does it to his own wife. Haven't you read the bible?
Old     (tweeder)      Join Date: Aug 2015       10-01-2016, 6:07 AM Reply   
I know its not TRUMP or HILL specific but what do you guys think of this?

https://news.vice.com/article/washin...new-study-says

https://www.amazon.com/What-Washingt.../dp/1633882497

I would really like to get my hands on the John Hopkins study.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-01-2016, 12:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeder View Post
I know its not TRUMP or HILL specific but what do you guys think of this?

https://news.vice.com/article/washin...new-study-says
Seems reasonable they think the voting public is stupid. We're thinking the same thing so why shouldn't they?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-01-2016, 3:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
I have to agree with Timmy. The best post so far in this whole thread.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       10-01-2016, 4:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
VaG, you are one sick puppy - even Mr High Road is calling you out on this one.
Who me? I'm as gentle as a baby kitten. Just telling it like it is...

If you think the current vetting is great, put your family in the line of fire... I think it's great Karma.

BTW, have any of you ever been over there? You all have these grandiose opinions about it....

Last edited by VanillaGorilla; 10-01-2016 at 4:16 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-01-2016, 7:59 PM Reply   
So if it turns out that Trump hasn't paid any income tax for the last 20 years would any of his supporters care?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-01-2016, 8:08 PM Reply   
Darren, your question needs to be more specific. If it turns out that he avoided taxes? Or evaded taxes?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-01-2016, 8:41 PM Reply   
Just avoided. Nothing illegal, just working the system so somebody of yuge wealth doesn't support the collective. Does that show somebody who is smart or someone with no emotional intelegance? Do you need a social conscience to lead the country?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-01-2016, 8:54 PM Reply   
I don't have an issue with someone that avoids taxes. That's the game. Deductions are in the code, so is taking a loss. The general public and the opposing party either don't understand, or will be dishonest in their attack. They too have played the tax code.

So to answer your question, no, I don't care

Having said that......the word supporter is a bit strong...
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-01-2016, 9:17 PM Reply   
Do you not hold a leader to a higher standard than a normal citizen?

Don't take my question as a supporter of clinton, I am not.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-01-2016, 9:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Do you not hold a leader to a higher standard than a normal citizen?

Don't take my question as a supporter of clinton, I am not.
by a higher standard, you mean "pay more taxes than you should?"

No, I don't hold electeds to that sort of higher standard.

That said, the fact that Trump has been so secretive about his returns and has now been "outed" really makes him look bad. Kind of like HRC not disclosing her private e-mail server. "oh... that? Just my private e-mail server, no biggie."

Honestly neither is the "bombshell" it purports to be... but both issues seem to captivate certain elements of the electorate.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-01-2016, 9:34 PM Reply   
So you don't need a social conscience? I guess you get the leader you deserve.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-01-2016, 9:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
So you don't need a social conscience? I guess you get the leader you deserve.
There's a social conscience element to filing a tax return? I mean I don't want someone who cheats on his or her taxes, but I"m not going to begrudge someone taking legal deductions.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-01-2016, 10:44 PM Reply   
yes Darren, it would be nice to have a real leader. One who has all of the positive traits that you would include on a list. But we have never had that guy. The job just isn't attractive enough anymore to attract a person like that. There is no winning as President. The office ages you so dramatically. ...etc....

Every one of them is someone that I would not be wild about on my boat.

For me, Clinton is the more evil of the two. I know others feel just the opposite

unfortunately, I think that the media spin and Hollywood, will work in Clintons favor, and we will have our first madam President....

bTW, I don't care if the President is a woman, black....etc. But I do think that there had to have been better choices for the first black Prez, and certainly better for the first woman
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-01-2016, 11:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
There's a social conscience element to filing a tax return? I mean I don't want someone who cheats on his or her taxes, but I"m not going to begrudge someone taking legal deductions.
Yes I believe so, if I was in trumps position I would not seek out ways to pay less tax. We are not talking about a normal citzen about filing out a return but an exceedingly rich person paying for the best advice to pay zero. I understand that the tax culture in the US is different from here but even so. When the tax rate here reduced from 36% to 33% I sponsored a child in kenya through CCF because I thought the tax rate was too low and I was happy to pay more. I don't think that act was anything special, it is what any normal person would do.

It just concerns me that somebody who doesn't see the need to chip in to the community would be in charge of it. It's weird. Not that hilderbeast is any better, A sad indictment of where we are.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-01-2016, 11:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
yes Darren, it would be nice to have a real leader. One who has all of the positive traits that you would include on a list. But we have never had that guy. The job just isn't attractive enough anymore to attract a person like that. There is no winning as President. The office ages you so dramatically. ...etc....

Every one of them is someone that I would not be wild about on my boat.

For me, Clinton is the more evil of the two. I know others feel just the opposite

unfortunately, I think that the media spin and Hollywood, will work in Clintons favor, and we will have our first madam President....

bTW, I don't care if the President is a woman, black....etc. But I do think that there had to have been better choices for the first black Prez, and certainly better for the first woman
I can't argue with any of that to be honest. I do like Obama tho, just like his class. But even so, I recognise the system is so broken that whoever rises to the top is undoubtedly tarnished beyond recognition
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-02-2016, 2:33 AM Reply   
Can't fault Drumpf for legal deductions. But that isn't really the point of the $916 million. It's that it flies directly in the face of this absurd argument that somehow he's a good businessman. Just further shows he sh**s on and cheats the little man left and right - had his daddy get him started both with millions in cash and all his business connections - and still took a billion dollar loss. Pathetic.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       10-02-2016, 4:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Just avoided. Nothing illegal, just working the system so somebody of yuge wealth doesn't support the collective. Does that show somebody who is smart or someone with no emotional intelegance? Do you need a social conscience to lead the country?
I don't think it makes a difference. We all pay as little tax as is legal. If we want to donate to charity it certainly won't be in the form of paying artificially inflated taxes.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-02-2016, 10:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
I think it's ridiculous to use the term "evil" to describe either of them. It's a choice between status quo and unpredictable loose cannon.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-02-2016, 10:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
We all pay as little tax as is legal.
Yeah, but we don't all "buy" politicians and write the bills that they sign into law. Extremely wealthy people do. And Trump is one of them if you can believe him when he says that he does exactly that.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-02-2016, 12:46 PM Reply   
The 47% who don't pay taxes are doing it legally too. Just like trump.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-02-2016, 12:55 PM Reply   
Lol classic.

Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       10-02-2016, 1:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
I don't have an issue with someone that avoids taxes. That's the game. Deductions are in the code, so is taking a loss. The general public and the opposing party either don't understand, or will be dishonest in their attack. They too have played the tax code.

So to answer your question, no, I don't care

Having said that......the word supporter is a bit strong...
Just because it's part of the code also doesn't make it ethical. A fundamental belief of the Republican party is that the elite shouldn't pay a fair share. It's a perfect example of how big money influences Washington. So no, none of his supporters will care. They are all perfectly fine as middle class paying a higher ratio of taxes than higher earners.

This now brings up to the point where you all tell me how trickle down economics works. Although, history and statics tell a different story.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-02-2016, 3:06 PM Reply   
Taking a loss carry forward is no more ethical or unethical than taking an earned income tax credit or a mortgage interest deduction. Being among the 47% isn't unethical.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-02-2016, 3:16 PM Reply   
Shawn is correct - the not paying taxes isn't the big deal regarding the billion dollars Drumpf lost. It's that it invalidates this already-ridiculous argument that he's somehow a good businessman. Lost a billion bucks while sh**ing on and cheating small businesses he contracted with and people who signed up for his con of a university.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-02-2016, 4:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Shawn is correct - the not paying taxes isn't the big deal regarding the billion dollars Drumpf lost. It's that it invalidates this already-ridiculous argument that he's somehow a good businessman. Lost a billion bucks while sh**ing on and cheating small businesses he contracted with and people who signed up for his con of a university.
If it turns out that the $960M loss has not been fully offset since 95:
1. Its hard to define that as successful person if over the last 20 years they have lost more than they have earned
2. How does somebody support a lifestyle like trumps with negative income for 20 years?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-02-2016, 4:22 PM Reply   
If you can get away with legacy not paying taxes for 20+ years your PIMP.

"Don't Hate the player hate the game"

Serious getting away with NOT paying taxes is a JOKE . But if it's legal to NOT pay taxes then that's a bigger JOKE!

If trump broke the law then he is a roach but if he manipulated the tax Code to benifit his business and investors with in the law he is a genius not a roach.

This is just the person we need who knows how to manipulate the system to fix or close the loop holes
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-02-2016, 5:14 PM Reply   
Grant, you realize it's from losing a billion dollars right? That's the impressive business acumen you want running things? Fail.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-02-2016, 6:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
This is just the person we need who knows how to manipulate the system to fix or close the loop holes
So you want to elect a guy who benefits from tax loopholes based on the premise that he will close them, even though he's never even alluded to the idea of closing any loopholes he or anyone else benefits from.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-02-2016, 6:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Why would a person who has a history of manipulating the system have any motivation to change the system to prevent manipulation? Wouldn't he just continue to manipulate, making it even more lucrative for him to do so?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-02-2016, 7:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
If you can get away with legacy not paying taxes for 20+ years your PIMP.
Unless you are "poor," or not white, in which case you are a roach, right grant? Just want to make sure I can tell the difference between a pimp and a roach.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-02-2016, 7:20 PM Reply   
Is anyone else curious about the surprise that wikileaks was supposed to release on Wednesday? Now it's been cancelled for "security reasons." Makes me wonder if he received death threats from Hildabeast's cronies.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-02-2016, 9:01 PM Reply   
Shawn; - I will break it down for you (you sound like a government employee) If you employed thousands of people (that payed taxes) but you the employer didn't pay taxes and IT WAS NOT AGAINST THE LAW. Then you are a PIMP

NOW if you don't work and you don't pay taxes and you suck off the government *** (Then You are a Roach). Exception if your a Goverment employee your a 1/2 roach
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-02-2016, 9:06 PM Reply   
Shawn: what does race or color have to do with anything why did you happen to bring that up???

Ever notice how the. SJW's are the ones that get pissed when you mention race or skin color, But people like Shawn call Trump Orange Man! I think they have a word for people like that, I'm pretty sure it's called a hypocrite
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-02-2016, 9:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Shawn; - I will break it down for you (you sound like a government employee) If you employed thousands of people (that payed taxes) but you the employer didn't pay taxes and IT WAS NOT AGAINST THE LAW. Then you are a PIMP

NOW if you don't work and you don't pay taxes and you suck off the government *** (Then You are a Roach). Exception if your a Goverment employee your a 1/2 roach
You should teach ethics.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-02-2016, 9:38 PM Reply   
The whole US tax system is ****ed. It's as bad as the political system IMO. It's seems it is a bigger sport than the NFL to fiddle your taxes.

For Christ's sake just clean the system up, just put a lowered headline rate in aligned to the company tax rate and get rid of deductions.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-02-2016, 9:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
You should teach ethics.
Genuine lol
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       10-03-2016, 2:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Taking a loss carry forward is no more ethical or unethical than taking an earned income tax credit or a mortgage interest deduction. Being among the 47% isn't unethical.
Do you know who the 47% are that don't pay taxes? I'll assume you think all 125M are people free riding the system? Or do you realize the vast majority of them are the elderly? Inmates and the sick make up a large portion. Another group are young kids working their first part-time job. Very few are freeloaders.

When someone, esp a presidential candidate is abusing the system more people should be upset. It goes to show Trump supporters will defend him at all cost. He was right about one thing, he could commit murder and you people would make excuses for him. I'll bet if he were a child molester you people would say he somehow deserves a break.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       10-03-2016, 2:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post

Government is made by the people and the people are taxed to pay for the government. It is for the common good. It was supposed to be a support structure, not a ruling structure. It can only be a certain portion of the pie. More people that is on it, means less for each of them. The more money in the economy that is simply manufactured vs earned, means less and less buying power for those who do work. If your buying power is eroded so much, why would people choose to work if they have similar buying power? The way you fix it, is knowing that you have a short window then you will be working for it. Now all those supposed little projects that don't get done in towns will be taken care of. Those who can work will be looking for a better job in no time. There would not be young adults running the streets getting into gang violence and sure as heck stinks waking up for a labor job with a hang over so many may choose to get of the drugs and alcohol which ultimately may cut gang violence as well since gang violence is around the drug trade.
Hey Delta.... Remember saying this:

Since your boy Trump hasn't paid taxes in years, where does this put him in that argument?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-03-2016, 6:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
Do you know who the 47% are that don't pay taxes? I'll assume you think all 125M are people free riding the system? Or do you realize the vast majority of them are the elderly? Inmates and the sick make up a large portion. Another group are young kids working their first part-time job. Very few are freeloaders.
No kidding! People who don't pay are for the most part doing so legally based on our tax code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
When someone, esp a presidential candidate is abusing the system more people should be upset. It goes to show Trump supporters will defend him at all cost. He was right about one thing, he could commit murder and you people would make excuses for him. I'll bet if he were a child molester you people would say he somehow deserves a break.

Lol dude I am not voting for him under any circumstances. But I'm also not going to begrudge legal deductions, any more than I am going to complain about the poor not paying. As far as I have heard there has been no allegation of cheating, just a rather yuge loss carry forward.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-03-2016, 6:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
You should teach ethics.

Ha!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-03-2016, 6:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Shawn: what does race or color have to do with anything why did you happen to bring that up???

Ever notice how the. SJW's are the ones that get pissed when you mention race or skin color, But people like Shawn call Trump Orange Man! I think they have a word for people like that, I'm pretty sure it's called a hypocrite

Oh my bad. In your pimps and roaches analysis over the years I've never heard you complain about white roaches. Only illegals and BLM protesters.

So are you saying that trumps spray tan makes him a "person of color"? Not sure what his weird makeup has to do with this?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-03-2016, 6:46 AM Reply   
I don't even care about not paying the taxes, I've suspected that all along. Like others have said, it's the nearly $1,000,000,000 loss that he took when he claims to be this great business man! How bad off are you that you are losing $1 BILLION in 1 year?!?!? He will come up with some creative spin that makes it sound logical and his followers will still be like "yeah, he's a genius".
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-03-2016, 7:26 AM Reply   
I'm sure Trump is not the only Business man or Large corporation to legally take advantage of our broken tax system I say broken because if it's legal to NOT pay your taxes you can bet other large corporations and company's are doing the same. If Trump broke the law then he is done! If lTrump legally manipulated the system then they should close the loop hole. And you can bet trump knows way more about tax loop holes then Hillary.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-03-2016, 7:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'm sure Trump is not the only Business man or Large corporation to legally take advantage of our broken tax system I say broken because if it's legal to NOT pay your taxes you can bet other large corporations and company's are doing the same. If Trump broke the law then he is done! If lTrump legally manipulated the system then they should close the loop hole. And you can bet trump knows way more about tax loop holes then Hillary.
G you are totally on to something here. What he SHOULD have done is released all his tax returns 6 months ago and said "look at the crazy loopholes that the current system has allowed! I want to close these!" Honestly that would've appealed to a lot of bernie supporters, independents, and even moderate dems too.

But he's pretty much done the exact opposite of that.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-03-2016, 7:35 AM Reply   
Dude, he pays people to make sure he isn't breaking the law. I would too if I had millions of dollars and it was cheaper to pay someone to find the loopholes than it was to pay the government.

Here's the bigger issue, how many others are doing the same? So we have (alleged) billionaire's not paying any taxes at all for how many years? How does that help our country? Oh, I guess since they employ people that makes it ok? It's just funny how the people that are paying taxes in this country are supporting the rich who aren't paying and booing every time somebody brings up how we need fix the tax code so that the rich are paying "their fair share".
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-03-2016, 7:58 AM Reply   
http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...es-on-science/
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-03-2016, 8:16 AM Reply   
Maybe Trump is doing all of this so he can slash taxes across the board so he no longer has to evade them without going broke.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-03-2016, 9:06 AM Reply   
One of Trumps "bomb-Tastic" claims what he wanted to do away with the IRS and go to a flat tax. OMG how awesome would this be. I doubt he could ever make it happen. But we pretty much all agree that a flat tax would be a way better system then the Red Tape system we have now. Think about business that would be out of business like H&R Block and all the accountants out of work if you did a flat tax. Disruptive Technology
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       10-03-2016, 9:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
The whole US tax system is ****ed. It's as bad as the political system IMO. It's seems it is a bigger sport than the NFL to fiddle your taxes.

For Christ's sake just clean the system up, just put a lowered headline rate in aligned to the company tax rate and get rid of deductions.
Exactly.. neither party can point fingers at the other when they are all using the tax code to their own advantage. Both could do something about it, but neither want to.

It is disgusting that the rich get away with paying less taxes than the average American, but neither party is going to fix it.

Both parties have had control at times and neither did anything.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-03-2016, 9:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
But we pretty much all agree that a flat tax would be a way better system then the Red Tape system we have now.
This is an example of how easily the public is duped. The flat tax has absolutely nothing to do with "red tape". IOW you can leave all the red tape in place and just replace progressive with flat. Which is a ridiculously stupid idea that would only make the rich richer and the poor poorer.

OTOH you can take out all the complex code (i.e. red tape) and still have a progressive tax. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. The progressive tax table is very simple and adds almost no complexity at all to the computation of taxes.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-03-2016, 9:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by allzway View Post
Exactly.. neither party can point fingers at the other when they are all using the tax code to their own advantage. Both could do something about it, but neither want to.

It is disgusting that the rich get away with paying less taxes than the average American, but neither party is going to fix it.

Both parties have had control at times and neither did anything.
Obama made several moves to further increase taxes on the rich but none of them passed. Hillary is also making moves to make the rich pay their fair share. Trump is going to do the exact opposite.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-03-2016, 9:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Is anyone else curious about the surprise that wikileaks was supposed to release on Wednesday? Now it's been cancelled for "security reasons." Makes me wonder if he received death threats from Hildabeast's cronies.
"Cronies", as in half the US and all of the rest of the free world that are shocked at the prospect of Trump as the President.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       10-03-2016, 9:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Obama made several moves to further increase taxes on the rich but none of them passed. Hillary is also making moves to make the rich pay their fair share. Trump is going to do the exact opposite.
Obama had the full control and could have done if he truly wanted too.

Do you believe she currently is paying her fair share? :lol:

BTW... How many of his cabinet were caught for tax cheating?
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-03-2016, 9:51 AM Reply   
All of you who are totally OK with Trump taking advantage of the system to not pay taxes can officially no longer bitch about long term welfare abusers. They are just taking advantage of the system as well.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       10-03-2016, 9:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
All of you who are totally OK with Trump taking advantage of the system to not pay taxes can officially no longer bitch about long term welfare abusers. They are just taking advantage of the system as well.
I doubt many are truly okay with it, but if he didn't break the law what are you going to do about it?

I know if I could pay less taxes legally.. I dayum sure would.

I doubt those critical of Trump for using the law to his advantage would willingly pay more than they were legally required to do so for the heck of it.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-03-2016, 10:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Obama had the full control and could have done if he truly wanted too.

Do you believe she currently is paying her fair share? :lol:

BTW... How many of his cabinet were caught for tax cheating?
Dude, Obama's tax plan was dubbed the robin hood plan for that very reason. What are you talking about?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-03-2016, 10:12 AM Reply   
I believe that her tax forms are available for you to look at and decide for yourself if she paid her "fair share".
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-03-2016, 10:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
I doubt many are truly okay with it, but if he didn't break the law what are you going to do about it?
Not vote for him seems like a reasonable start
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-03-2016, 11:26 AM Reply   
This was quoted from a post on a forum where a Vietnam vet responded to a video of Trump talking about the VA, and in his typical non-pc way inferred that some vets are weak by noting the one's that didn't get PTSD are strong. Thought it summed up Trump pretty well.

Quote:
Draft-dodger, tax-dodger, marriage vow-dodger... what the f___ legitimacy can dRUMPf claim on ANYTHING, other than being Example Numero Uno of unmerited, unearned hubris, The utter gall of a slag/slacker like dRUMPf to pontificate on things about which he is DEPLORABLE ignorant is stunning, ESPECIALLY in regard to the V.A. that has cared for my physical and mental health since early 2009 and for chemotherapy since 2011. Had the nutless wonder actually served in Vietnam, and then needed V.A. care, he'd know that "The price of Freedom is visible here."
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-03-2016, 11:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
...if Trump broke the law then he is done!...
There you have it folks - Grant will no longer be voting for Trump (on November 11):

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/03/496420...content=202603

Also, as plhorn pointed out, Grant can no longer call people legally gaming the welfare system "roaches."
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-03-2016, 11:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Only difference is you are trying to keep the money YOU earned instead of taking something for nothing. Not remotely the same.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-03-2016, 11:55 AM Reply   
Correction - keep the money you got, not necessarily earned.

But you know that was just a joke. The real issue here is the "genius" who is in charge of singlehandedly taking advantage of every tax loophole also singlehandedly broke the law with regard to his charitable foundation (which he donates no money to - he just uses others' donations to pay his own business debts - nice!).
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-03-2016, 12:05 PM Reply   
I was speaking in an overall point of view, not about Trump. I could care less what that buffoon does.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-03-2016, 12:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Only difference is you are trying to keep the money YOU earned instead of taking something for nothing. Not remotely the same.
Except he doesn't just criticize welfare recipients. He also criticizes the working poor that don't effectively pay any fed income tax. But the same working poor he criticizes generates a 15% employment tax. So in essence, he's criticizing people who pay a 15% employment tax while he pays neither employment or income tax.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-03-2016, 12:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
There you have it folks - Grant will no longer be voting for Trump (on November 11):

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/03/496420...content=202603

Also, as plhorn pointed out, Grant can no longer call people legally gaming the welfare system "roaches."
Hold on, that was just the last time he checked. Maybe he has checked again and will be voting on a different day now?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-03-2016, 12:48 PM Reply   
The polls for democrats will be open at 8:00am sharp on November 9th.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-03-2016, 12:49 PM Reply   
Well, apparently the polls for Trump supporters are on November 11th as reported by Grant in another thread.