Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-21-2014, 10:21 AM Reply   
Does anyone know how to wire LifeForm LED's? The schematic I got off their website is confusing me. Do I ground it to the battery or the fuse panel?
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-21-2014, 10:25 AM Reply   
I mean no offense by this..........

If you don't know the answer to that question, I would recommend having someone else wire it for you. Might be a safer bet.....
Old     (jamespjackson95)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-21-2014, 11:00 AM Reply   
^^^ 😂😂😂
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-21-2014, 11:42 AM Reply   
Tony just tie them into the courtesy lights .They are already fused . If you are not comfortable installing them you can invite me up next weekend
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-21-2014, 11:50 AM Reply   
Red = +

Black = -

.... beyond that, not exactly sure what you're looking for.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-21-2014, 11:52 AM Reply   
Harold, thats what I'm going to do, just wasn't sure. Eric and James, i am totally offended!! J/K
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-21-2014, 11:58 AM Reply   
Thanks Nick! I probably am going to tie them into the courtesy lights, since the only time I will use them is at night, and will have the courtesy lights on at the same time anyway. If i want to put them on a seperate switch later, I'm sure H2oking will give me a helping hand. Now its time to drill holes in my transom! That always freaks me out
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-21-2014, 1:04 PM Reply   
Think about this, do you want the interior courtesy lights on when you have the underwater lights on? If not, you need to wire them to their own switch, whether you install one or use an unused switch on the helm.

LifeForm 6 has 3 wires: a BLK wire which is GND, a blue and a white which are the switch B+. Tie the blue and white together so all 6 LEDs illuminate.

The LF9 only has a black GND and a white switched B+.

You need to make sure the switch is fused with the appropriate size for the lights and cabling used to wire the lights to the switch.

Last edited by chpthril; 08-21-2014 at 1:08 PM.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-21-2014, 1:22 PM Reply   
they are LF9's, I'll check the fuse size, and yes I always run the interior lights at night, so would be ok with me if the transom lights come on with the interiors, that is not a issue with me.