Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-13-2012, 12:41 PM Reply   
Mitch;
Robert just goofed on you in front of the entire world !! Lol. Good stuff.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-13-2012, 1:55 PM Reply   
I couldn't help it man.

Woo Hoo! Its raining hard, and for several days, fill up that Camp Far West lake!
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-13-2012, 2:35 PM Reply   
Its about time - long over due!
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-13-2012, 2:51 PM Reply   
Ragboy: That is very interesting. Its the exact opposite of my Enzo plate. I wonder what the impact is? There are guys on Centurion Crew running fins on whatever side they surf to clean up the wave.
Attached Images

Last edited by lakesurfer; 03-13-2012 at 2:57 PM.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-13-2012, 9:49 PM Reply   
I think the idea is that it helps knock down prop wash.

What do you mean by fins?
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-14-2012, 4:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
I think the idea is that it helps knock down prop wash.

What do you mean by fins?
I tried to just copy a pic, but could not make it work. Here is the thread

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.p...wakesurf-wake/
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-14-2012, 6:48 PM Reply   
Here you go lake couple pics of the fins.Been thinking of giving it a try myself
Attached Images

Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-14-2012, 7:03 PM Reply   
That hook is crazy!!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-14-2012, 8:14 PM Reply   
what exactly will this do?(fin) I just cut my swimstep tonight. It is now 7” narrower. I did this to prevent the corner of it dragging in the water messing things up, and I’m hoping it will eliminate the double lip I sometimes get. I’m forever trying to perfect my wave. Duffy, I did like you did, but not sure if I took enough off.(3.5” each side, following the same taper). How did it turn out for you when you had your Avy? I’ll post pics, once I get them downloaded. Probably gonna get the brackets powder coated also. May as well while they are off the swimstep.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-14-2012, 9:32 PM Reply   
Buddy of mine trimmed his platform, it helped with some spray, not the prop wash. The fin seems to work for those that have done it. I'd like to try it myself, I don't have anything to lose but the wash behind the boat
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-14-2012, 9:36 PM Reply   
Harold, why would you need it?? You have Switchblade, I kinda think it's doing the same thing
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-15-2012, 12:11 AM Reply   
That is very cool, love that kind of tinkering. Wonder if it only helps the centurions, and what it would do on our tiges. Can't hurt to find out me thinks.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-15-2012, 9:31 AM Reply   
I might try the mud flap thing for the prop wash. Still curious about the double lip I get sometimes. Hopefully this will help.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-15-2012, 11:49 AM Reply   
Registration is now open, have at it.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-15-2012, 12:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv420 View Post
what exactly will this do?(fin) I just cut my swimstep tonight. It is now 7” narrower. I did this to prevent the corner of it dragging in the water messing things up, and I’m hoping it will eliminate the double lip I sometimes get. I’m forever trying to perfect my wave. Duffy, I did like you did, but not sure if I took enough off.(3.5” each side, following the same taper). How did it turn out for you when you had your Avy? I’ll post pics, once I get them downloaded. Probably gonna get the brackets powder coated also. May as well while they are off the swimstep.
My trimmed swim step worked perfectly. It didn't touch the wave at all. I have done the same idea on my tige 24v. It also doesn't touch the wave. I don't believe in smooth bottom decks, I believe in cut decks
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-15-2012, 1:40 PM Reply   
Who is cooking dinner?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-15-2012, 5:58 PM Reply   
@TQ we are working on something special, we will have the details online soon.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-15-2012, 6:41 PM Reply   
Sorry for the confusion, the COMPETITION registration is open, but the clinic and demo registration should be up late tomorrow.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-17-2012, 11:15 PM Reply   
Robert, I never received an e-mail from pay pal to make payment, after I registered for the Masters div.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-18-2012, 12:38 AM Reply   
You will early next week, we are finishing up the demo registration forms, and then will begin reviewing and validating those.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-18-2012, 3:15 PM Reply   
That fin is very interesting. I would think you could probably feel it when turning the boat.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-18-2012, 6:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
That fin is very interesting. I would think you could probably feel it when turning the boat.
The guys that have them say that the only thing it effects is the fact that it will let you back up in a straight line. Otherwise, they say the boat handles the same.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-19-2012, 7:44 AM Reply   
I was reading that. I think that adding the fin just for that feature alone may be worth it! LOL! I guess I should signup on that site so I can see all of the pictures.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-20-2012, 2:13 AM Reply   
All of the registration forms are now up...

http://wakesurfopen.com
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-21-2012, 11:04 AM Reply   
The clinics are filling up quick. There is only 1 one hour session with Doum Lagace left and only 3 one hour sessions with Chase Hazen left. There are also the basic clinics with doum, chase, tommy, and sean still available.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-24-2012, 12:17 PM Reply   
So we called up Camp Far West earlier this week and they called back yesterday. The lake has filled up! It was low, but not anymore. They said it has been 30 years since the lake has filled up after december. But its FULL. So cool man.

Registrations are moving pretty fast for the comp and clinics. Please register if you are planning on the boat demos, even if you can only make friday, but I need to get an idea of what is coming and which boats.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-24-2012, 3:08 PM Reply   
"The Hammer" has just registered Looking forward to seeing all you guys, and meeting some new friends.
P.S. Watch out Mr. Walker !! Hehe
Old     (krt)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-03-2012, 6:47 PM Reply   
Any news on when the e-mails are coming for payment on the clinics? thanks
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-03-2012, 11:49 PM Reply   
the clinic invoices have been sent.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-19-2012, 3:19 PM Reply   
There is still room in the clinics http://wakesurfopen.com/register_clinic

Chase and Doum still have a few private sessions open too. hurry up
Old     (sangermadness)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-20-2012, 12:43 PM Reply   
I was looking forward to going to this but just realized it is the same weekend as the Hangtown MX National. Hope you all have a great time!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-20-2012, 1:49 PM Reply   
John, you can still come thursday and/or friday to participaicte in the demos or clinics
Old     (jeanwagner)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-20-2012, 3:30 PM Reply   
California Marine Sports and Goldkey Storage & Marine Service will have 2012 Tige's at the Wakesurf Open, check out their website at http://wakesurfingboats.com
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-20-2012, 4:10 PM Reply   
The California Marine Sports website is still www.calmarinesports.com and the new remodel will launch next week (with online store!!)

that website Jean posted is something different

Last edited by wakemitch; 04-20-2012 at 4:12 PM. Reason: edit
Old     (tnvolgrad)      Join Date: Dec 2010       05-08-2012, 10:33 PM Reply   
Is there a schedule published for the event? I was trying to figure the group pairings and overall schedule for the two days.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-09-2012, 1:46 AM Reply   
We will put up a rough schedule. At this time, the boat and board demos are on thursday, clinics and more demo time, but crowded, on friday, then comp and general fun stuff on saturday and sunday.

Does that answer your question?
Old     (tnvolgrad)      Join Date: Dec 2010       05-09-2012, 6:47 AM Reply   
Yes that helps - I am bringing my daughter and we are both in the clinics (I ride regular, she ride goody) so I am sure that we are split up and at different times. Just trying to make sure I entertain a 13 y/o for the entire weekend. We'll come hang with your clan Robert - She's a good babysitter

Sounds like the clinic schedules will be published sometime before next Thursday - we are looking forward to the event.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-09-2012, 4:19 PM Reply   
The West Coast Wakesurf Open is only a week away! But there is still room in the competition and clinics.
Please register now before it's too late http://wakesurfopen.com/
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-09-2012, 6:19 PM Reply   
Hey Robert and Mitch;
Due to the recent loss of my Mother in Law, I will not be able to attend next week. Please apply my registration towards the general event expences. Have a great weekend. Ill bve there in spirit.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-09-2012, 8:13 PM Reply   
That's a bummer Greg, gonna miss ya.

@Joshua Sure thing, looking forward to it. No need to baby sit, we will have to get her out and surf! I know one of the main boats used for the clinics will be the Wake9 24Ve, and it switches from side to side in under 4 mins, same wake on both sides. So maybe you won't have to be split up, but don't hold me to that. ;-)
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-13-2012, 11:04 AM Reply   
that boat is sick..
Old     (tmill)      Join Date: May 2011       05-13-2012, 4:11 PM Reply   
i too wont be able to make it down. last minute obligations. Some times it sucks having to be responsible.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-13-2012, 11:19 PM Reply   
Thanks James, and that is too bad Trevor. The weather and conditions look like its going to be spectacular. Gonna be lots of fun and looking forward to seeing everyone.
Old     (havinfun)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-14-2012, 8:22 PM Reply   
Ragboy, What time does it start on Saturday????
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-15-2012, 3:50 AM Reply   
We are going to start the contest between 9 and 10am. However that is always contingent on conditions. We will update our site, and various social channels that morning if that changes. One year, for instance, the wind was howling in the am and we waited til 11am.

Boat Demo Announcement

Unfortunately the only boats we can guarantee on Thursday and Friday are the Tiges (wake9 Z3 and 24Ve, new Z3, new R20, new RZ2) and Supreme V226s. The Centurions were coming from Mello Marine, and Mike Mello has suffered a tragedy and our hearts and prayers go out to his family. Centuirion tried hard to find us something else. Supra and MB are both still trying, but every boat is spoken for, Sanger also.

The good news is that the problems all were facing the last 2 years seem to be really turning around, every manufacturer I have talked to seems to be running at capacity to meet demand, good for everyone.

I won't be charging anyone their boat demo fee, but if you still plan on coming please register or email me. Also, please know that I have done my damnedest to get the boats we do have there, along with CMS. This time of year and now with the demand coming back is just making it tough.

That said, I have been contacted by so many non-competitors that are coming to just hang out and surf and enjoy the fun and I am very excited, its going to be a fun time. Looking forward to seeing everyone that is coming. We have some cool things planned for the tow boat and the broadcast, can't wait to share...
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-15-2012, 7:19 AM Reply   
Robert we would still be happy to pay the fee to help fund the event. Headed down tomorrow with the family should be there tomorrow night
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-15-2012, 9:44 AM Reply   
Our v226 is getting the stereo install today and we will be there around noon on Thursday with it, and hopefully another one on Friday afternoon! We have also teamed up with Centurion Boats! I tried everything I could to arrange bringing one, but like Robert said the industry is coming back with some force and its hard to get product.

I will have special pricing for the open on both Supreme and Centurion!

I can't wait - we will see you all there!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-15-2012, 12:39 PM Reply   
See ya all Thurs. eve! Can't wait to soak up some California sun!!
Old     (tnvolgrad)      Join Date: Dec 2010       05-16-2012, 9:54 AM Reply   
Looks like this is all coming together!

Ragboy or Mitch - do you guys have the clinic schedule up for Friday? I was trying to figure out what time I needed to be there on Friday and know you guys were getting all of this finalized. Sorry to be a pest just trying to figure out plans for the day given we get in late Thursday night.

Thanks and looking foward to the event.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-16-2012, 10:17 AM Reply   
All basic clinic riders should be ready to go prior to 9:00am on Friday May 18th
Boats will leave at 9:00am
Old     (tnvolgrad)      Join Date: Dec 2010       05-16-2012, 5:29 PM Reply   
One final question - will their be boards/demo boards to use for clinics? We will likely purchase a new board given we can find what we are looking for at the event, but wanted to see if that was an option for the clinics.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-16-2012, 6:56 PM Reply   
We will not be demoing for the clinic.
We think it is most effective if you learn on the board you are planning on using for the season. It is hard to take advantage of the clinic when you are trying to get used to a board.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-18-2012, 6:02 PM Reply   
Having a great time, I will try to get some pics up later. I think we have more people here on Thursday night, that we did the entire event in 2010, so cool. And the comp is going to be great, but people are just here to chill, learn new stuff, and make new friends. Lake is glass right now, and nothing but slammed tiges and supremes and centurions on the lake....
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-18-2012, 7:11 PM Reply   
what all is taught at the clinics?
Old     (havinfun)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-18-2012, 9:49 PM Reply   
We will be there in tomorrow!!!! Look for a black/silver flake x45 plowing they the water.