Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old    rave            06-24-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
OK... somewhere I saw a vid with a wakeboard and a airchair hydrofoil attached to it... was this a one off design? or is it mass produced. I did a web search but could not find anything on it... was I dreaming???
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-24-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
Theres one on ebay right now.
Old    rave            06-24-2006, 2:41 PM Reply   
thanks... google didnt bring up anything and I didnt think of ebay. I browsed SkySki's and AirChairs web sites and didnt see any mention of a hydrofoiled wakeboard
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-24-2006, 3:17 PM Reply   
Theyre actually called tow-in boards and Laird Hamilton rides big waves with them... never actually seen one behind a boat or anyone doing tricks while being towed.
Old    rave            06-24-2006, 3:41 PM Reply   
Thank you tyler BUT I googled Tow-n board and they are the right board BUT no foil HOWEVER... I DID find one called simply "Foil Board" http://www.offdalip.com/product_images/01-FOILBRDg.jpg
Old     (oldcentury76)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-24-2006, 4:10 PM Reply   
I saw a boat with one and a guy riding one on Lake Berryessa a few weeks ago. It was pretty crazy. But not too exciting. He was doing flips.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-26-2006, 6:53 AM Reply   
http://www.neilprydemaui.com/category.php?id=8
Old     (waketac)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-26-2006, 7:03 AM Reply   
As far as I know, foilboard is the description wich is given to the Surf-, Kite- an Wakeboards with attached foils looking like the skyski/airchair foils. They been used randomly for tow-in surfing but seem to gain acceptance in kiteboarding. Very few behind boats. A freind of mine, skyski dealer, had one to try it out. Just riding an small jumps in the flats were pretty easy.
Old     (jzd)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-26-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
Is This what your looking for ?http://www.foilboarding.com/
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-26-2006, 11:31 AM Reply   
this is talked about on "billabong's surf odyssey" which is a pretty sweet vid in itself.
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-27-2006, 8:36 AM Reply   
You mean something like this. . . hmm never mind the image is apparently too big, kind of weird it is a small file. Oh well, we have been playing around with this concept a little.