Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-08-2019, 8:41 AM Reply   
My Father in Law's group bought a new Makai this year to go with their timeshare houseboat on Lake Powell.

It looked beautiful inside and out.

When we got it on the water however, it seemed like it was just dragging...
Lots of power, but loud as hell.

On plane (not surfing, no ballast or plates deployed) (around 21-28 mph) RPMs would be around 4500 - sometimes 4900... just seemed really heavy... kinda weird...

That said - we took it out the next day to look for a beach spot for the houseboat (no ballast, a few little kids with me and my wife), and it threw a rod or something. We had cut out near the beach - at least 8 feet depth, to let the kids swim for a few mins. Then when I fired up the engine again, there was Big clank / bang sound on startup. I turned it off. Then turned on again, and it sounded like the starter blew.

Anyway - just curious as to what RPMs ya'll are seeing. I'm wondering if some of the other families that share the boat just destroyed it . (110hrs on the motor and brand new)... Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do a proper break in on the engine...