Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-19-2019, 11:58 AM Reply   
We are in the market for a new boat. I sold the Sanger V215 and we've missed it too much. We are thinking the 23 foot range is ideal size. Looking for something that can handle choppier days better since that seems to be the norm on weekends anymore. Surfing and ease of setting up is important. I don't need a pro sized eaves but I'm a big guy so I need a big wave. We'll do some wakeboarding but it's all very novice and every level for surfing and wakeboarding. Reliability, fuel consumption and just regular family boat conveniences (storage, flip over seating, transom walk through, sub floor ballast, etc...) are important in addition to performance. Ideally I wanted to stay around $100k but many of the boats we've liked are more money so the price range is all over the place. We've looked at several boats so far. The centurion Fi23 is leading the pack so far. Going to look at moomba, supra and mastercraft tomorrow. The list so far that has caught my eye or have been impressed with on the showroom floor:

1) centurion fi23- seems like it checks every box. Certain things like the use of plastic, cheap grab handles and inserts for the slide seat coil use improvement floor a 125k boat but its very impressive design.

2) Malibu 22xtz- we were looking for a 23 footer but it was roomy almost like a 23. Liked it but wasn't in love. Didn't seem as deep hull many others offer. A few comfort issues but a great boat. Found the LSV 23 to not be very comfortable.

3) supreme ZS232- a lot of bang for the buck here. Although buying this makes me question if the centurion would be worth the extra 25k for seat hinges, a nicer touch screen. Better looks and ram fill.

4) moomba max or makai- still need to look at these but lots of boat for the dollar. Not really sure I'd want to go to a 24 footer. I saw the max on the water and thought it had some strange looks. .

5) mastercraft X22- hasn't been on my radar until my dealer recommended it. Going to look at it tomorrow. Looks like it checks a lot of boxes. The mastercraft interiors are very nice and the transom seating looks awesome. Haven't seen much about how the surf wave is compared to the others. Dealer says it surfs better than the fi23 but that sounded like a bold salesperson lie. It may still be out of reach price wise and seems very expensive for a 22 footer

6) Sanger sl231- havent seen it in person yet but seems to check every box as well in a price I like. Ive had 2 sangers and wouldnt hesitste to buy a 3rd. We looked at the 212sl and thought it's been one of the most comfortable of all the boats we've seen. The surf wave in their you tube video looks great.

7) supra SL450- looks like another great boat but pricing is getting up there on these

Not really certain how some of these compare to each other or if there's another boat to look at that im missing