Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-24-2013, 6:59 PM Reply   
I am looking for some weighting recommendations for my Cent Lightning. Currently I have a 750lb bags in each locker. I also have a 400lb, 600lb, and a 350lb back that I have to fill and a center 250lb center ballast. I plan to add an 1100 lb ballast bag to the front. I need help getting the cleanest wake. Any suggestions? The wake is peaky if anybody is wondering. My next boat will be an Axis. I love the wake with the wedge. Maybe in a year or two I can get a better wakeboard boat, I need suggestions for this one now.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       02-25-2013, 12:23 PM Reply   
what year is it, we had a 2001 elite v, same hull as some of the lightnings, 750's in the back and around 750 in the bow seemed to work for us at around 25mph and 75'. Its a peaky wave for sure, trim tab, or less weight in the back helps mellow it out. 1500 on the surf side and 300 in the nose make a NICE surf wave on the regular side.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-25-2013, 6:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonwakerider View Post
what year is it, we had a 2001 elite v, same hull as some of the lightnings, 750's in the back and around 750 in the bow seemed to work for us at around 25mph and 75'. Its a peaky wave for sure, trim tab, or less weight in the back helps mellow it out. 1500 on the surf side and 300 in the nose make a NICE surf wave on the regular side.
Thanks for the post. I was thinking about weighting the heck out of the bow (1100lbs) and filling the rear up halfway and seeing how it runs. The wake plate definitely helps when I have goofy riders. The boat is very weight sensitive. I think my next boat will be an Axis. I have had about that much weight on the surf side. It does look nice. I am switching props to a lower pitch this year so it should help all around. My prop last year was a 13x17.5. I am switching to a 13x15 this year. I need more get up and go and less top speed.

PS. No way am I riding at 25mph for wakeboarding. The wake cleans up at nicely at 22. I ride at 23.5 @ 70' max for now (still new). I can tell the wake shortens at 23 and a lot easier to get over at my speed.

Last edited by dezul; 02-25-2013 at 6:25 PM. Reason: more stuff to add
Old     (rvawake)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-25-2013, 10:23 PM Reply   
If you are filling the 750's in the back you'll need at least 1100 pounds in the front and a good driver. We have an 03 lightning and it needs all the bow weight it can get. If your drive ratio is 1:1 it seems the Acme 911 is the prop to have. Having a powered trim tab is also a huge plus if yours isn't already