Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (JustinH13)      Join Date: Jul 2012 Location: Greenville, SC       09-09-2014, 11:18 AM Reply   
Sometimes I have people out on the boat who've never wakeboarded before or wakeboarded very little. Some have big feet. Others have small feet. I've got an old wakeboard they could use but I need boots that will adjust significantly or stretch to accommodate some of them. Recommendations?
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       09-09-2014, 12:08 PM Reply   
Don't know of any size adjustable boot. but i think most open toed boots/bindings have a 2-3 size range or are S/M/L. those will either be "a little too big, just right or too tight" depending on the riders size. but they'll work if your folks are beginners...Or just surf, problem solved!
Old     (nathanb)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-11-2014, 2:45 AM Reply   
A lot of the cheaper open toe boots come in a 7-11.5, 8-12 size etc. That would probably be your best option. Maybe keep a pair of thick socks on board too for the ones with smaller feet
Old     (pipeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-11-2014, 4:22 AM Reply   
if you are looking for really adjustable boots, sandal bindings will do well for just about anybody. if you can find some. if the people are pretty new, it shouldn't matter much to them that they are sandal bindings.

for a while we were using two different sized boots and swapping them out when needed. got the second pair off ebay used for hella cheap. it was a little bit of a pain if more than one sized binding were needed in the same day, but it did the job.
Old     (JustinH13)      Join Date: Jul 2012 Location: Greenville, SC       09-11-2014, 5:57 AM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback to you both
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       09-12-2014, 8:24 AM Reply   
I have a set of the CWB Hinge bindings. they open up nice and wide like the flow snowboard bindings. I have the S/M and they supposedly go to size 8, but I've had people that are 9 to 9.5 use them. The large goes from 9-12 so that would fit most people. You might be able to get the large and then get some neoprene socks for the people with smaller feet??

http://www.waterskiworld.com/wakeboa...ngs/index.html

Old     (nathanb)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-13-2014, 1:16 PM Reply   
how do you find the weight of those bindings? My wife had a set of CWB sage's and when they needed replacing I got her a set of double up alias's and they felt about half the weight of the cwb
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       09-16-2014, 9:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanb View Post
how do you find the weight of those bindings? My wife had a set of CWB sage's and when they needed replacing I got her a set of double up alias's and they felt about half the weight of the cwb
I really don't know any better. I have nothing to compare them to. I mean, I'm still riding a 2002 Hyperlite Belmont. So I'm sure my entire setup is heavy.