Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (CenCalLakes)      Join Date: May 2014       07-12-2014, 2:29 PM Reply   
I have been debating for awhile now on doing a vinyl wrap on our 1989 brendella the boat and gel is in good condition specially for the year. I just want it to have a newer looking style. I wouldn't go crazy with the color/design scheme or anything.

Wanted to see if everyone would post pros and cons of doing a vinyl wrap and also post pics and costs of the wraps that have been done.

Are any wrapped below the waterline? Any issues with that?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-12-2014, 3:40 PM Reply   
They are delicate is my complaint. I have seen a number of them and they all have damage. One brush with the dock that wouldn't damage gel will scuff or roll up a wrap. We also see damage lines on them where the cover goes. Also anywhere they touch the trailer.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-12-2014, 4:47 PM Reply   
What does it look like now. Maybe you could do a partial wrap instead.
Old     (CenCalLakes)      Join Date: May 2014       07-12-2014, 6:02 PM Reply   
It doesn't look bad it's just blue and white with some grey I just like the graphics of new model boats. I was just thinking about having the wrap end just below the water line and the top of the closed bow.
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-12-2014, 9:17 PM Reply   
Put a wrap on my boat a couple years ago. It's 100% custom partial wrap that cost me $1300. I think it was worth every dime. Like stated above, the wraps are very easy to damage.

Before:

After:

Last edited by idaho_hillbilly; 07-12-2014 at 9:19 PM.
Old     (CenCalLakes)      Join Date: May 2014       07-12-2014, 10:34 PM Reply   
Nice... That looks like a completely different boat.
Old     (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       07-12-2014, 10:40 PM Reply   
One negative is for resale. Maybe it's just me but every time I considered a boat with a wrap I was always wondering what was underneath and if they were trying to hide something.
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       07-13-2014, 9:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by retoxtony View Post
One negative is for resale. Maybe it's just me but every time I considered a boat with a wrap I was always wondering what was underneath and if they were trying to hide something.
That may be true for an older boat with wrap, but I bought my bought, knowing the wrap was installed when it was brand new. That was a huge selling point because the wrap it self is pretty thrashed, but underneath is practically a brand new boat.

The biggest downside I see for wraps is the cost. Shoot, just to wrap a car is pretty much the same price as an entry level paint job.
Old     (Callednsick)      Join Date: Mar 2014       07-14-2014, 3:57 AM Reply   
I had mine wrapped and I couldn't be happier. Mine had the traditional teal color that I hated but around here the supras are hard to come by so the color didn't matter to me. They are fragile but think of it this way, if you scratch your wrap, that's one less scratch or scuff that you don't have on your hull. Mine looks so much better now, I'm always getting compliments from people.
Old     (CenCalLakes)      Join Date: May 2014       07-14-2014, 6:16 AM Reply   
Mark,
You are part of the reason I have been thinking about wrapping mine. I love the new look. Did you design the graphics for that?
Old     (Iceberg)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-14-2014, 7:34 AM Reply   
Wrap and enjoy. I believe this was wrapped on 2008. Pic from 2013.

Old     (Callednsick)      Join Date: Mar 2014       07-14-2014, 12:46 PM Reply   
My buddy did, he's amazing at what he does. You can check his work out @ www.thedigitalwrap.com
Old     (codyroberts18)      Join Date: Apr 2014       07-14-2014, 3:27 PM Reply   
Here is my Axis. I will say it is pretty delicate as I do have quite a few scratches. However, they are impossible to see unless you are a couple feet away so it is worth it to me. This wrap has seen about 250 hours of hard riding and is still in great shape!
Attached Images

Old     (kcxstar1)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-16-2014, 9:37 AM Reply   
I wrapped mine and I'm very happy with the new look. I would not wrap above the rub rail again, I did it originally and ended up taking it off, especially around the cletes. When the wrap gets hot it is very soft and is easy to cut or rip.