Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (imondi)      Join Date: Aug 2010       03-11-2011, 8:28 AM Reply   
When I turn my key on, my boat beeps, my perfect pass beeps, and my uniden depth finder beeps. It's pretty obnoxious! Does anybody know how to stop a couple of those from beeping? I have an 02 Sanger v210. Thanks guys!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-11-2011, 10:17 AM Reply   
Do not disconnect any warning sensors. These are there to tell you all is working well or if you have a problem. Earplugs would be your best option
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-11-2011, 10:27 AM Reply   
The perfectpass will beep like that due to low voltage.Mine did that and PP told me to wire the power so it is one of the 1st wires on the switched +12v off the ignition switch(key).
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-11-2011, 10:37 AM Reply   
Never been a problem for me, my lakes not pager freindly so I can never get a sig on my beeper.
Old     (imondi)      Join Date: Aug 2010       03-11-2011, 12:08 PM Reply   
hmm I will check that with the perfect pass. I just assumed that it beeped twice when it powered up, just like the depth finder. Six beeps is pretty obnoxious everytime you turn on the key! I was ok with two!
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       03-11-2011, 1:02 PM Reply   
You should here my 2000 MasterCraft. From the key on position it beeps like the world is coming to an end without stopping until the engine starts. People on TeamTalk say it's normal. It sucks when I have to troubleshoot something in the driveway like perfect pass because you can literally hear it for about a 100 yard radius and it's almost deafening when I'm rooting around under the dash for something.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       03-11-2011, 1:16 PM Reply   
Disconnect the beeper from the devices you don't care about. For those you do if they're too loud put a peice of tape across the opening n the beeper, it will muffle it to a level that you can still hear but it's not as ear piercing. Just think twice abotu disconnecting things like your depth finder beeper. If you set depth to alert you when you get shallow you'll be pissed at yourself about disconnecting that when you're replacing your prop, shaft, strut and rudder if you didn't hear the warning beeps.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-11-2011, 1:46 PM Reply   
Does it drive your wife/girlfriend crazy too? If so, you can't fix it. Must buy new boat.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-11-2011, 2:02 PM Reply   
Wire the PP and sonar to an accessory switch and buss. That way it won't beep every time you cycle the ignition.
Old     (rukie)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-11-2011, 7:11 PM Reply   
Hate- "business"...