Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-05-2014, 12:27 PM Reply   
So yesterday i decided to ditch work a little early (300 normally off at 430) to head to the lake. Got on the water at about 345. My stepson took his turn riding first so it was my turn. Im in the water ready to go he's messing with the radio completely ignoring me and the boat ( it was a little windy so the boat was drifting a little). When he finally looks up to see if im ready I start waiving my hands to tell him not to move, he couldnt hear me so he proceeds to drive back to me. You guessed it right over the rope. took us almost 45 minutes of diving and cutting to get it all out. have another rope in the boat so no big deal ( except im out 100 bucks). So its finally my turn, get up jump a few times. Go for a wake to wake come up a bit short go to pull through lose the rope realize i didnt have my gloves on. ( left them on the platfor during dives i guess another 40 gone) Then i look and see i lost my wedding ring too. ( cant remeber how much that was )
So from now on i guess I'll stay at work.....LOL
Oh anyone got a good link for an inexpensive rope and gloves????
Old     (jordanh)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-05-2014, 12:35 PM Reply   
Go to evo.com and check out their outlet section. It's all of last years stuff.

I can relate to the rope in the prop. Did that last year at dusk. The guy designated to watch the rope decided he'd get a beer instead. I started the boat to tighten up the rope and wrapped it in the prop. Was about 30-40 minutes until we got it all. I now have goggles in my boat. We finally got a rider up for a set and on his first wake to wake got a concussion... We called it a night after that.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-05-2014, 12:40 PM Reply   
Ha i guess i did better didnt get hurt lol Thanks i'll check out the EVO outlet.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-05-2014, 12:50 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, we all have that one. Last spring I believe mine was a rope and handle in the prop, the current was ripping us out the pass straight for the rocks. i had no choice but to fire it up, put in gear and gas it. Takes allot to snap a Proline. I also lost my watch and sunglasses in the process somehow. Hated that rope anyway. The watch, not so much..
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-05-2014, 2:53 PM Reply   
Don't know what your looking for but just email form EVO and checked
http://www.evo.com/outlet/ropes/accu...orange-top.jpg $60.00
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-05-2014, 2:56 PM Reply   
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Ro...item233ac73d0c
Frank handle on Ebay $50.00
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-05-2014, 3:21 PM Reply   
Don't know about the rope and gloves but I can give you some advice on the ring. I wear a tungsten wedding ring. I get lots of compliments on it because it's a cool looking metal but it isn't rare. Super hard metal (they use it to make studded snow tires) so you can do anything with it on without worrying about damage and the rings are cheap. I've lost mine twice but, at 25 to 35 bucks a pop, it's never painful to replace it.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-05-2014, 3:54 PM Reply   
^ Here's one better. I never where mine out on the boat. Then again, I wear my wedding ring like a watch. I put it on when I go to work and take it off when I get home. One of my friends lost his ring at the lake as well. Wife wasn't too pleased of course. I tried to tell her I knew where it was but it was just a couple hundred feet down.lol.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-05-2014, 4:16 PM Reply   
I was lucky enough to sell my wife on me not wearing jewelry of any kind many moons ago. I wore my ring for about a week. It went in her jewelry box after that and has never moved since.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-05-2014, 4:32 PM Reply   
Still sounds like its better than being at work to me
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-06-2014, 7:05 AM Reply   
My ring was tungsten, i think it was like 50 bucks so not real expensive. But it all adds up.
Hate....prob right still better than work. Finally getting my homebrew surfgate setup better so its quite a bit more fun surfing.
Old     (dgil235)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-06-2014, 7:19 AM Reply   
Man, now that is a bad day at the lake! Sorry to hear that, especially about the wedding ring. Just try to remember the old saying, "a bad day at the lake is better than a good day at work", but maybe not in this case. Next time out will be better for sure.
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-06-2014, 11:39 AM Reply   
twice this year I have gone out and tried to loose mine....the wife that is, she always finds her way home.