Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-24-2012, 7:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
I thought Travis made some good points, but here is my issue. He talks about all the arguing, fighting, mud sligging, etc. I seem to recall Mastercraft being the most blatent ones at doing those activities, case in point Zane's Apple style "commercials" on YouTube that make fun of the other major brands. So now we should all just hold hands and get along when MC stumbles?
This is exactly it, and it is no surprise that those in the MC camp just don't see it. The air of superiority shown by those affiliated with MC is tiring and people will not forget it when MC has their share of issues. We even have to endure MC salesmen on here posting crap like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alans View Post
MasterCraft is a decade ahead of Malibu when it comes to how the boat is built. There is not a doubt in my mind that we are going to see a big shift in resale over the next few years. Storage has always been a deal breaker for me with Malibu. Don't forget about the Ilmor engines, they are absolutely stronger than their Indmar counterparts. I guarantee that the Imor engines will be a hot commodity when it come to resale with the new MC's. The X-30 is 500lbs heavier than the 23 LSV; it is pretty obvious where it comes from when you water test the two boats.

I would worry more about the Malibu kool-aid drinkers on here, apparently they have not actually seen what other manufacturers have been doing over the past 5 years. Tige is taking big bites out of their market share and I think they deserve it.

This is the same attitude and unsubstantiated marketing BS that I received from MC salesmen in person as well. I think that MC makes great boats but they really need to change their approach and overall coorporate message regarding other brands. Needless to say I took my business elsewhere and couldn’t be happier.