Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Javi)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-20-2016, 10:10 PM Reply   
I am looking to buy a 2005 Centurion Avalanche and want feedback on it. First of all we are negotiating price and need to get an idea of what the boat is worth. Looks in great condition, vinyl is all good no tears, only light scuffs on hull as expected. Trailer is good. Audio, speakers and all are clarion and decent. Nothing crazy but it has the tower speakers and everything is pretty clean.
NADA says around 28K for package III and 26-27 for package II. I believe it is a package II because it does not have perfect pass, but it has the two batteries and the wakeplate trim tab. How much is a good price for this boat. It is not the C4 so might be not as popular because it does not have as much space to fill with ballast on the walking path side.

Boat has low hours. Less than 350..

I am more familiar with the price of MC and CC's. Do centurions sell generally lower than NADA or about there.

THANKS
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-21-2016, 7:38 AM Reply   
They sell above NADA newer c4 avalanches sell in the 50's .what are your plans for the boat?? If you are just looking to cruise tube and surf regular and the occasional wakeboard set it will be awesome .With a custom avalanche sack on the port side the surf wake is amazing but you will struggle to set up goofy because of the walk through. . 28k is a fair price but if you could get it for 26k - 27k that would be a great price.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-21-2016, 11:46 AM Reply   
Storm 2 package would've included perfect pass , triple ballast and hydraulic wake plate.

What graphics package ?

There are lot of unknowns used to judge price here on options . Could be anywhere from 25-29k
Old     (Javi)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-21-2016, 6:53 PM Reply   
Well, that is part of the problem I have. My wife likes the walkthrough but I m goofy. Technically you can ride any side but its sometimes nice to face the wave. So surfing might require me placing a bag right over the walkthrough whenever I would want to ride that side. I wakeboard but I'm no pro. I can make consistent 360's blind 180s raleys and backrolls but that is as technical as it gets. I ride behind a jet boat and don't mind its wake so I think the centurion will be an upgrade. I do have small kids so the walk through is mainly for them.

Its weird cause the boat has everything of the package but the perfect pass. The graphics look something like this...

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/attac...1&d=1357237486
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-21-2016, 7:25 PM Reply   
To get the famous avalanche wake you want about 1600 lbs on the surf side plus the center tank and in my friends 05 avy we also put two 250lbs sacks under the bow cushions. To set up a walk through avalanche goofy be aware you will have sacks on the floor in the walkthrough as well as on top of it. My advice keeping looking for a c4 just because you have small kids does not mean you need the walkthrough they will be able to climb the seat to the sunpad no problem. If they are anything like mine were when the were little they already climb everything at home LOL. In the long run I think you will regret not waiting for a c4 to pop up.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-21-2016, 7:27 PM Reply   
If your set on the walkthrough here is a 05 with more options to use to help negotiate price
https://bend.craigslist.org/bod/5726108821.html
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       08-22-2016, 8:06 AM Reply   
You can check what people are reporting their boats sold for here - http://www.onlyinboards.com/SoldBoats.aspx
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-22-2016, 8:57 AM Reply   
The avy is an awesome surf boat.
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-23-2016, 6:55 PM Reply   
Like H said basically... 2005 Avy C4... Port is 1100 rear locker completely full. 580 under port seat pushing it up a tad. . Center tank full. I do a 155 on platform for some fun and I use a 650 under seat bow sac half to 3/4 filled depending on crew. That's running 11.8-12, tab a bump down to clean lip, 1 driver, two spotters at 150 each and surfer...
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-24-2016, 12:51 PM Reply   
I ran custom sacs in my 2003 Avy. Amazing wave.
Old     (Javi)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-26-2016, 9:55 PM Reply   
Seems like a good boat. Does anyone know if some of these just didn't come with perfect pass and still had the wake plate?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-26-2016, 10:05 PM Reply   
You could def get the boat without pp but with hydraulic wake plate Wasn't common , but could be done. The Avy actually held speed pretty well with the Acme 3 blade merc 350 combo. One of the few boats where a 3 blade outperformed the 4. It's been a while and ton of new props have dropped. But I still think that's the case.

The only downside to the walk through as mentioned is for surf you really need bag there. However for wake factory ballast with an extra 350-450 in the nose throws a wicked steep wake with tons of pop.

The only option that for me after owning 5 Centurions I would never run a boat without would be the hydraulic wake plate. These deep v hulls need to to help tweak wake just a bit and it helps tremendously for surf and cursing. The manual plate is useless
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-27-2016, 5:05 AM Reply   
Don't get to hung up on options you can easily add the ones you want. Tons of info on centurioncrew.com