Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tjb1080)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-02-2015, 10:19 AM Reply   
This is only available to someone in the Dallas/Ft Worth area.
I currently have a 2013 XStar with the 7.4 Engine and the Gen-2 Surf System.
I love everything about it... Seating Config, Sleek lines, Surf Wake, the $25,000 in stereo and LED upgrades.
But, and this is a very big BUT (Kardashian size) the Wakeboard wake is not near as nice as a G wake. So ill be buying a G23 just for wakeboarding and keep my Xstar for everything else.
Now I dont really care about your "1%" comments or your "there are kids starving in Africa" comments. There are plenty of Car collectors out there that have multiple $100,000+ cars. So if i want two $100,000+ boats that's my business.

Here are hard facts.
If you want a G23 But dont really want to pay for the whole thing then contact me.
I live on Lake Arlington Texas and my neighbor has a boat doc that is not being used. So both boats will be on a lift and ready to use at any time. The G23 would be kept on Lake Arlington, TX during the week for easy access for early evening sets. But you can take it anywhere you want on the weekends. You can pay the $50,000 cash and we can put it in an LLC owned by both of us, or we can finance and split the payments. (checking account used to draft pmt)
Sharing boats, exotic cars, vacations properties are very common, I have had 3 previous arrangements with boats in the past and its always worked out great.
Ill be waiting to hear from you.Tim 817-874-9575
Attached Images

Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-02-2015, 11:41 AM Reply   
I like the way you think Tim. G23 & a Star. Boom!
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-02-2015, 12:00 PM Reply   
Just a fair warning... once you start riding around in that G.. your Xstar will get very little use.
"-)
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-02-2015, 1:49 PM Reply   
Just buy the G outright and I'll give you 50k for the Xstar.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-02-2015, 1:54 PM Reply   
^ do that
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-02-2015, 6:29 PM Reply   
If you were a true 1%'er you wouldn't need someone to split the G with you : )

Haha just messin. Good luck, awesome you've been able to work these arrangements out in the past, but I have seen even the best of friends and even brothers wind up in sour relationships over "splitting" boats. Let alone a stranger from wakeworld. I wouldn't be putting $50k into something unless my name is on the title.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-02-2015, 7:15 PM Reply   
how did you get the XStar's bow above and over the dock when sitting on the lift
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-02-2015, 8:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
how did you get the XStar's bow above and over the dock when sitting on the lift
May be a cantilever lift.... lifts up and forward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmCMG5rWNVE
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-02-2015, 9:08 PM Reply   
this thread is bound to cause a fight, popcorn in hand….
Old     (tjb1080)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-03-2015, 11:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyost View Post
If you were a true 1%'er you wouldn't need someone to split the G with you : )

Haha just messin. Good luck, awesome you've been able to work these arrangements out in the past, but I have seen even the best of friends and even brothers wind up in sour relationships over "splitting" boats. Let alone a stranger from wakeworld. I wouldn't be putting $50k into something unless my name is on the title.
Ive never had a problem with it. But then I never split Vacation Properties or Exotic Cars/Boats with someone that can't afford it on their own. And actually a Wakebaord boat is by far the cheapest thing I have split. Its so simple. An average boat payment is about $750/mo. Half that is $325. So each person puts 5k in a joint checking account (10k total) on January 1st. Then the payment is drafted out of that account and you never even think about it again for 12 months. Easy.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-03-2015, 1:16 PM Reply   
I agree in principle not very difficult. But what can become difficult is you use the boat differently than your buddy does then it becomes an issue. Say he leaves it out of gas or he leaves it dirty. Or he's putting up a zillion hours on it. Just seems like there's a lot of variables that can go wrong and it can turn ugly. With that said a buddy and I did think about splitting a g23 together last year!
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-03-2015, 1:17 PM Reply   
Sounds like a good deal to me.If I lived: in the area.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-04-2015, 9:51 AM Reply   
Why not just buy an a22/24 all for yourself instead of opening up that can of worms?
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-04-2015, 9:54 AM Reply   
Because its not a g23.............
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-04-2015, 1:08 PM Reply   
Yea but both of those boats will produce a top level wake with correct weighting. Just not as baller-ific
Old     (tjb1080)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-05-2015, 11:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by snork View Post
The entire doc is on a pulley system so it lowers into the water.
You drive the boat in the slip and lift the doc and boat up together.
Attached Images

Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-05-2015, 1:55 PM Reply   
innovating, never seen one like that before. Guess it compensates for the fluctuation in water level of Lake Arlington.
Whens the last time the docks been high and dry
Old     (tjb1080)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-06-2015, 8:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by snork View Post
innovating, never seen one like that before. Guess it compensates for the fluctuation in water level of Lake Arlington.
Whens the last time the docks been high and dry
Its usually dry in the late Fall and most of the Winter. But that's actually nice because we can do doc maintenance and have a beach for bon fires and whatnot.

The City of Arlington bi-laws require that it be full every year by June 1st so there is never a chance of having low levels during the Summer months.
Old     (LukeR103)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-06-2015, 1:09 PM Reply   
I have a brand new Epic Nautique G23 that I can ship you. Straight from the factory to your dock.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-07-2015, 7:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeR103 View Post
I have a brand new Epic Nautique G23 that I can ship you. Straight from the factory to your dock.
That's BS.. we all know that it's a Mastercraft. It says so right in the ad!
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-07-2015, 7:48 AM Reply   
I would definitely be tempted if I lived in Arlington. But I live in Dallas.
Plus I have this 23 LSV that I have to get rid of...... :/
Old     (tjb1080)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-07-2015, 8:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene3x View Post
I would definitely be tempted if I lived in Arlington. But I live in Dallas.
Plus I have this 23 LSV that I have to get rid of...... :/
What lake do you ride on?
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-09-2015, 8:55 AM Reply   
I am in Lake Highlands and ride at Hubbard. I am looking to buy a place on Cedar Creek soon as well.