Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Treybiz)      Join Date: Nov 2014       06-04-2015, 9:54 AM Reply   
Since I finally bought a another boat last fall I figured it's time for a new board.

Only board we have currently that is "my length" is an older CWB 142 with some old Hinge Bindings that I just keep around for my buddies. My wife and Offspring have some nice newer stuff and I felt like I should join the jones'.

I bought a set of Ronix Frank Boots off here NIB for a good deal and now they need a board. Board also needs to work with said boots.

Use: Boat Only. Might Try the cable park in Waco but I doubt it.

Skill Level: Pathetic. I just cruise around behind the boat anymore. I have a rod in one femur, bad ankles, and one questionable knee. I at least want to look cool while I'm floundering around back there.

Size: 5'11" and 185 ish.

Budget: I'm not sticking with a specfic budget but I am cheap and like good deals. I've been scouring the local CL for something but haven't found anything that blows my skirt up.

Suggestions?

Last edited by Treybiz; 06-04-2015 at 9:59 AM.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-04-2015, 10:40 AM Reply   
I love the CWB Reverb. Very little friction with the water which I'm a fan of. The board is fast so the boat can pull me a little slower. It has strong edge hold but still spins freely on the surface. I have a strong dislike for wide boards, and the Reverb seems to be the perfect width for me. I just got the new 2015 to ride after falling in love with the 2014 model.
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-04-2015, 11:24 AM Reply   
Check out blemboard for some deals. I got a new Slingshot board and Humanoid bindings from them this year and will definitely buy again in the future.
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       06-04-2015, 11:24 AM Reply   
If I was going to get a board to just "cruise" around on it would be the slingshot nomad. Evo & buywake have them for $370 right now which is pretty reasonable and they constantly send out coupons, so you could prolly get it cheaper than that
Old     (Treybiz)      Join Date: Nov 2014       06-04-2015, 12:10 PM Reply   
Like the CWB reverb and have liked the CWB boards i've had in the past. Momma has a ladies CWB currently.

I've never owned a slingshot but that one looks good and priced right. *Edit: Just noticed the blemboards website mentioned above has the Slingshot Nomad for cheap as a blem but, I didn't realize how big they are... I guess that's the point but I wonder how a board that big feels strapped up tight. Hmmm

Just for the sake of having the same brand of board and boot any ronix recomendations? (No, I don't mind mixing brands if they line up fine I'm just curious).

Last edited by Treybiz; 06-04-2015 at 12:16 PM.
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       06-04-2015, 4:16 PM Reply   
If you haven't tried it yet, I REALLY think you should check out the Bandwagon from Ronix. It is a really mellow carving around kind of board, super forgiving, and a blast to ride. The camber also changes the way you feel the water under the board. It's not for everyone...most love or hate it...but I've progressed way more since moving over to camber (I ride the Parks) than any other board. The camber shape (along with board having a bit of flex) makes for really, really soft and forgiving landings on those knees.

Check out a 2014 model to save some bucks if you want, and for your size I'd say go for the Standard size (the XL is huge lol).

Here's a vid on the air core version (crazy light board also but a bit more than ATR version).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Fw5cBT_oU

Last edited by SteeleAxis; 06-04-2015 at 4:22 PM. Reason: added content
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-05-2015, 8:04 AM Reply   
Has anyone ridden the Nomad? I stood on one at the shop with my feet in the boot mounting positions, and the board flexed perfectly flat to the floor. It seems like it was way too soft.
Old     (nickfernandez00)      Join Date: May 2015       06-05-2015, 8:13 PM Reply   
Yeah I agree with Matt the bandwagon is a heck of a board. I rode it last year and have never had a board land softer in my life. Its awesome if your hitting kickers at the cable, I let my buddy try mine and he wouldn't give it back lol.
Old     (Treybiz)      Join Date: Nov 2014       06-24-2015, 11:35 AM Reply   
Got a 2014 Standard Size Bandwagon in the mail today as an early b day present from the wife. Should be fun.
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       07-20-2015, 7:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleAxis View Post
If you haven't tried it yet, I REALLY think you should check out the Bandwagon from Ronix. It is a really mellow carving around kind of board, super forgiving, and a blast to ride. The camber also changes the way you feel the water under the board. It's not for everyone...most love or hate it...but I've progressed way more since moving over to camber (I ride the Parks) than any other board. The camber shape (along with board having a bit of flex) makes for really, really soft and forgiving landings on those knees.

Check out a 2014 model to save some bucks if you want, and for your size I'd say go for the Standard size (the XL is huge lol).

Here's a vid on the air core version (crazy light board also but a bit more than ATR version).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Fw5cBT_oU
How would you compare the Parks camber to the bandwagon?
Old     (Talonsorensen)      Join Date: Apr 2012 Location: Gig harbor Washington       07-24-2015, 9:57 AM Reply   
I second the reverb, been one of the best shapes I've been on! it's easy on the wallet too!
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-24-2015, 5:30 PM Reply   
As someone who also went a long time between updating boards, and maybe a rung above pathetic skill wise, I highly recommend trying Slingshot. It was fun and a completely different feel on the water. I also have some leg/lower back issues and while I was skeptical, it really has helped with softer landings. Check out Evo or Blemboard. There was a recent thread on the Nomad (I went with the beginner level Choice)