Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (britt)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-30-2015, 10:12 AM Reply   
I bought a 2013 Ronix One handle last season (new on eBay). The flexible end part snapped....just after I found out how much I liked the thing. Even the side which did not snap seems to have stress cracks. I've seen other posts on this...so suspect I am not the only one. Called Ronix, got the runaround. They won't talk to an end user. Could not tell me if I could buy a replacement end. Anybody know if a dealer can buy replacement pieces? Anybody have a broken one they want to sell? Don't care about color or the line quality.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Old     (Missing)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-30-2015, 3:23 PM Reply   
My buddy had one of these and I broke it the first time I rode wih it. Terrible design in my opinion.
He called ronix and they sent him a new different type handle.

I love Ronix boards and bindings but have not had the best results with there ropes or handles. I have one of there square coated mainlines that I can't keep from becoming a instant rat's nest.

Hopefully Ronix can give you an option for replacing it.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-30-2015, 8:11 PM Reply   
Wow, that's crazy, how did you break it?
I have one of the Radar slalom handles, which is identical to the "One" wakeboard handle except for the replaceable grip and the paint color, and I've been abusing it now on it's third season. It did develop cracks, but that proved to be just the paint, nothing structural, and the little rubber pads didn't last a month, but those seemed pointless anyway and I don't notice them either way. I've popped the handle so hard it has dented the front of a $1200 slalom ski, but the handle remains tough as nails. I guess maybe I should feel lucky. Maybe some of them came out from a sub-par batch of plastic resin or something. Certainly disappointing that Ronix/Radar is not being more helpful.
Old     (Kerley)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-08-2015, 7:11 PM Reply   
Hey Britt,

This is Kerley can you email me at Ronix my email is Kerley@squareoneco.com send me your info and I will see what I can do to help you with this.

Our warranties are handled through our shops, I believe that is what customer service was referring to.