Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    boarderrr            07-28-2014, 4:52 PM Reply   
Hey guys so I can 360 and tantrum but I don't know what I should try next. I've thought about 540s but I'm unsure if that would really be the next step. What did you guys learn next?
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-28-2014, 5:19 PM Reply   
Are your 180's solid if so 5's are a good way to go. As for inverts a toeside backroll would be nice so you would have an invert both toe and heel side.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       07-28-2014, 5:19 PM Reply   
Serious question: can you do a toeside wake to wake jump? Kind of a silly question I know, but you would be surprised how many people I've met that can do flips and 3's heelside but can't jump toeside at all. Assuming you can do that though, I would try to balance out your trick list by adding some toeside tricks. Frontroll, scarecrow, or toe 3 would all be good ones to learn and would definitely give your riding some flow.
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-28-2014, 5:20 PM Reply   
Good question Ttime
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-28-2014, 6:26 PM Reply   
Toe 3 would be my suggestion as well. You might find it easier than the heel 3.
Old    boarderrr            07-28-2014, 6:47 PM Reply   
Toe side FS 360 off the kicker? And yes I can wake to wake toeside jump.
Old    boarderrr            07-28-2014, 6:55 PM Reply   
Oh sorry I forgot to say...I'm focused on doing these tricks at the cable park
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-29-2014, 6:15 AM Reply   
Its Backroll time.
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       07-29-2014, 8:08 AM Reply   
Haha well that changes things a bit... Do you only have a kicker on your HS? or do you have TS kicker as well?

I learned my raley at the park and it's a lot of fun. But crow and backrolls are must haves. You'd also be surprised how "easy" switch scare crows and roll to reverts are
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-29-2014, 8:27 AM Reply   
I found the heel backside 3 off the kicker a lot easier than I had imagined. But yeah, now that you mention cable I'd agree with backroll as well. I found the scarecrow off the kicker to be very easy to learn. I've even gotten several people to try and land it as their first invert on the cable.
Old    boarderrr            07-29-2014, 9:08 AM Reply   
I definently need to learn hitting the kicker switch. It's probably not going to go good at first but I need to try.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-29-2014, 9:16 AM Reply   
Id go with ts back roll and ts roll to re. Also work on those 5s
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-29-2014, 9:37 AM Reply   
If you can already do one tantrum why not try for two It seems to be all the rage these days.