Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (crimson850)      Join Date: Feb 2015       02-20-2015, 5:49 PM Reply   
We are very seriously looking at a 2013 elite V pretty well loaded (nice trailer, wet sounds, about 2000 pounds of ballast)
I really am not interested in surfing at the moment. How well is this boat for wake boarding?

any other opinions of this boat?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-20-2015, 6:13 PM Reply   
I'd recommend demoing the boat.

The c4 hull on this boat is basically a smaller version of the avalanche c4. It's decently regarded as a good middle of the road wakeboard boat. It's no g23, but it's no bayliner either.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-21-2015, 9:26 AM Reply   
The boat is a great versatile boat. The wakeboard wakes are on the steeper side( which I actually prefer). The boat has rock solid construction. Centurions reverse shoebox construction is top notch. Add in the ICS stringer system that reinforces the hull you get one solid, rattle free ride. Their in the gelcoat graphic lines are the best in the business. Very precise and their finished product that rolls out of the factory is too top. The C4 designation on the Elite V means it is in the newer hull which is similar to the Avalanche. The C4 designation On an Avalanche actually refers to the seating configuration. C4 Avalanche boats don't possess a walkthru sundecks. It's weird but since you were looking is nice to know that.

The hull is a deeper V hull than most wakeboats. It handles chop very nicely. The deeper v hull has an added bonus on the wakeboard side. It requires less ballast to get the wakes pumping. So you save in fuel. However the deeper v also is more sensitive to were your weight is distributed with passengers side to side. It's very very roomy inside. I wouldn't buy this boat without one feature. IT NEEDS THE HYDRAULIC WAKEPLATE. It just helps the boat perform much much better.

As far as comparing it to a top 3( MC BU Nautique). The build quality is right on par. Where Centurion cuts corners is on the vinyl. Their vinyl is sed not that high end. The foam in their seats is a little on the stiffer side( again something I prefer) but just doesn't have that higher end feel. They still use lot of plastic fillers. Again these are all astetics and not really performance related. All in all the boat is a great all around boat at a good price point these days. It's hard to beat the wakes, ride, and space this boat produces.

I have owned a bunch, though older models , I still try and make it to the factory once a year to check out new stuff. I was a rep for them for while.
004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning