Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-05-2012, 11:10 AM Reply   
I ended up going with the V-Moda Crossfades and they arrived yesterday. The first thing that sticks out to me about them is the sheer quality. From the packaging down to every aspect of the headset, they are top notch quality. The carrying case is just as high quality as the headphones. As for the sound, I'm finding that it greatly varies depending on the source I am listening from.

I've tried them on my Android phone, my home PC, and my netbook. I was less than impressed with how they sounded on my phone, but then again, nothing sounds good on my HTC Inspire phone. I was a little worried that I had made the wrong decision after listening to them on my phone, but while watching a movie on my netbook they sound awesome!

On my PC at home they sounded okay, but not as good as a $40 pair of Sony noise cancelling headphones I already owned. I suppose this is just a casualty of today's technology? Back in the day before digital media you would get very consistent results when listening to a record or CD from stereo to stereo. These days I guess it comes down to the quality of the sound card in your device as well as the the quality of digital media you are playing.

Over all I think I will be very happy with my V-Moda's; it's just going to take some tweaking on my media player's EQ to get them dialed in.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-05-2012, 12:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nauty View Post
I ended up going with the V-Moda Crossfades and they arrived yesterday. The first thing that sticks out to me about them is the sheer quality. From the packaging down to every aspect of the headset, they are top notch quality. The carrying case is just as high quality as the headphones. As for the sound, I'm finding that it greatly varies depending on the source I am listening from.

I've tried them on my Android phone, my home PC, and my netbook. I was less than impressed with how they sounded on my phone, but then again, nothing sounds good on my HTC Inspire phone. I was a little worried that I had made the wrong decision after listening to them on my phone, but while watching a movie on my netbook they sound awesome!

On my PC at home they sounded okay, but not as good as a $40 pair of Sony noise cancelling headphones I already owned. I suppose this is just a casualty of today's technology? Back in the day before digital media you would get very consistent results when listening to a record or CD from stereo to stereo. These days I guess it comes down to the quality of the sound card in your device as well as the the quality of digital media you are playing.

Over all I think I will be very happy with my V-Moda's; it's just going to take some tweaking on my media player's EQ to get them dialed in.
I have an Inspire too. Which ROM and Music app are you using? The ROM/App combo makes a difference. I've also found CPU governors make a deference too. Not saying you'll get your phone to drive headphones as good as a device with a better amp in it, but you can adjust the sound on the Inspire by messing around with it.

I've been using the Google Music player on a MIUI ROM, decent results. The MIUI music app is crap (IMO) which sucks because I like the interface of it. If I used my phone for a source more I might look at a BeatMod ROM. I've not messed with PowerAmp in ages.