Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-08-2012, 7:43 PM Reply   
Im looking for a perfect pass for my 99 air nautique im not sure on what to buy i was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I have heard the stargazer is best. The boat is a direct drive if that matters. A link would be extremely helpful but any information would be appreciated. Thank you
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       01-08-2012, 8:32 PM Reply   
There aren't really links directly to perfect pass part numbers for a particular application. Whoever you order it from will be able to help determine the cable needed for your engine and drive configuration. You definitely need the one for non DBW applications (I.e. you need the throttle servo).

"Best" can be a relative term. Stargazer would be my choice for most applications but if you frequently operate on bodies of water with a strong current the paddle wheel is generally considered "best" due to the fact that it automatically accounts for the speed of the current.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       01-08-2012, 8:35 PM Reply   
Oh and btw I bought my stargazer from onlyinboards.com last year when there was a wakeworld group buy. I gave them the boat year, model and engine and everything bolted right up and worked fine.

For a DIY install getting the stargazer also eliminates the need to cut a big hole in the hull for the paddle wheel too.
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-09-2012, 7:29 AM Reply   
I know you asked about perfect pass, but another option if you do run on bodies of water with a current would be the Ride Steady System made by Hydrophase. It's a fairly new company, but their system is less expensive. I purchased it last year, was a pretty easy install, and it works good. You may want to check them out, before you pull the trigger on the pp.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-09-2012, 8:22 AM Reply   
These guys pretty much summed it up. I put Stargazer on my Sanger 3 years ago. I must say it is an absolutely SIMPLE install and has worked flawlessly ever since. Only took about 2 hours if you are very slow and meticulous.

As mentioned, if you do frequent rivers you may prefer the paddle wheel type.

I too purchased from Onlyinboards.
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-09-2012, 9:25 AM Reply   
LINK:

http://onlyinboards.com/AccessorySho...fect-Pass.aspx
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-09-2012, 11:10 AM Reply   
I put PP Stargazer in my 1989 ProStar 190 last summer. It is now the perfect wakeskating machine. Took me a couple hours to install since I wanted it to be perfect. I purchased mine from http://www.activewake.com. They are worth every penny.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-09-2012, 7:26 PM Reply   
Stargazer is the way to go. I ordered it through onlyinboards last summer, and it was the best purchase i've made. I think I ordered it on a Wednesday and had it on Friday. You will need to know the size of your gauges, as well as black ring vs chrome ring. I would say that while the instructions from perfect pass were great, it took me well ,ore than 2 hours. Taking apart my dash was a b@#tch. Nonetheless, it's a must have.
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-10-2012, 8:01 AM Reply   
How much did you pay with the group buy?
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       01-10-2012, 8:57 AM Reply   
Iirc it was $1095 shipped for stargazer wake.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-10-2012, 8:27 PM Reply   
It takes a bit to get over the sticker shock for PP, but once you have it, you'll never go without it. Having PP makes me enjoy my boat so much more. Honestly, I went half of last summer without it (i'd bought a new boat and it wasn't in the budget until then). I only boarded when I had someone around to drive for me that also had a comp boat. Once I got PP, I spent a lot more time behind the boat because all I needed was a warm body behind the wheel. Seriously, it makes that much of a difference.