Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-03-2011, 6:57 AM Reply   
My Uncle is a huge Malibu guy, he has been looking into a Corvette boat as a potential purchase. I know Lake Hopatcong Marine has one thats knocked down to under $80,000. Has anyone driven one? I know its no wakeboard boat but I'm sure its a blast to drive.

Last edited by wakeboardin2k4; 12-03-2011 at 7:02 AM.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       12-03-2011, 9:03 AM Reply   
Had a buddy that had the direct drive version of this boat. Kind of worthless and we always ended up using my boat for anything other than cruising around fast. For 80K there are a ton of nicer boats out there that turn heads and are a lot more practical. Not sure of the resale value on those boats, but I would imagine that it's not the "collector item" that some people think it is and you would take a huge hit upon resale as the number of people in the market for something like this would be fairly small...
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-03-2011, 9:35 AM Reply   
Agree with Kirk
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-03-2011, 10:00 AM Reply   
Neat boats, but farily pointless. Could probably be a decent wakeboat with a tower and some ballast.

Bake's Marine has been trying to sell theirs on The Malibu Crew for a while, I'm thinking it was sub 60k. Not a boat I'd spend my money on though, and I love Vettes.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-03-2011, 10:00 AM Reply   
Tell him he should get the MTI version. Its MUCH faster.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technolo...163902457.html
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       12-03-2011, 10:05 AM Reply   
They come up on Ebay all the time for around $60k. Awesome boat for skiing and going fast and looking cool but that is it. I have seen a couple black ones with illusion towers and they just don't look right.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-03-2011, 10:52 AM Reply   
Check Bake's MArine in Issaquah Washington. I think they have a brand new silver one for around 60k.
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-03-2011, 11:09 AM Reply   
Its a cool looking boat, and its gotta have some speed. Its just more of a cruising boat then a ski/wake boat which most people can't justify that being their only boat.

LHM must be having a hard time moving it if they are offering a lifetime slip with it.

wakeboardin2k4 do you ride on lake hopatcong or somewhere in Jersey up there? I am in the Clinton area always looking for more people to ride with.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-03-2011, 11:51 AM Reply   
It looks like Bakes just sold theirs.
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-03-2011, 12:29 PM Reply   
PaulH- I do ride on lake hopatcong. I dont have a wakeboard boat anymore so I usually get a pull with some friends on the lake but am definitely looking for people who want to ride. Keep me in mind when the spring rolls around if you guys are out on a boat somewhere.
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-03-2011, 12:32 PM Reply   
My uncle isn't looking for a boat thats necessarily practicle, so that is not really a concern. I have an 86 nautique thats pretty bare bones for skiing behind, and he has some friends of his with LSVs that are basically party barges. So he doesn't need to wakeboard behind the vette boat. Maybe the occational slalom pull. Was just trying to get some first hand feedback on how the boat drives.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-05-2011, 5:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Tell him he should get the MTI version. Its MUCH faster.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technolo...163902457.html
At only 28 times the cost. What a deal.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-06-2011, 5:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Had a buddy that had the direct drive version of this boat. Kind of worthless and we always ended up using my boat for anything other than cruising around fast.
+1
Our neighbor has a direct drive one and a wakesetter too... the corvette boat comes out 3 times a year (major holidays to show off) otherwise for cruising, watersports, anything else it is his wakesetter or pontoon.

Seems like a purchase you make when you have more money than brains.... no offense to your buddy, I wish I had that problem.
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       12-06-2011, 6:07 AM Reply   
I,ve seen a new black one for sale with a tower and wedge! Very cool.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-06-2011, 8:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrousbird View Post
At only 28 times the cost. What a deal.
3 times faster

and over 2 times bigger.

Plus I think that includes the truck and tilt trailer!
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-06-2011, 9:56 AM Reply   
The Corvette MTI is beyond cool, they keep it in a marina a few miles away and I see it out every once in while. I swung by the dealership two weeks ago and they were pulling it out of the water and it was pretty cool. I talked to the captain he said 160+ mph. It seriously looks like something Batman would drive (and yes I have seen the Batman MTI). 1.7 million seams a little steep, but I have no idea what it would cost to by a new one. It does have the new 1350 twin turbo engines and #8 drives which I have herd around $250K per package...
Photobucket

Photobucket