Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wetneck)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-29-2011, 4:12 PM Reply   
looking to get back on the water (fresh) and on a budget, under 10k, (already have an ocean boat i spend too much on a reg basis), to ski/wake /barefoot and am looking for input for an all around boat
see a few M/C stars/stripes, remember riding in a couple and wake seemed decent for me, non-pro, and as i read about say a prostar i think the wake is too light and weighting it causes rear end to be quite low ??
ski natique?
am skier ?
suggestions for my budget??
thanks in advance from a noobie
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-29-2011, 4:44 PM Reply   
id say go for an old sport nautique 96 ish? would probably do all you need and fall into your price range
or look for a newer sport nautique/old 210, MC 205v, or tige 22i would probably all be perfect for you too, if youre willing to spend extra coin
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-29-2011, 5:40 PM Reply   
Sanger DXII or DLX
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       11-29-2011, 6:35 PM Reply   
SN2001 for cheaper bare bones boat, or Supra if you want an open bow (Sunsport or Saltare have the most freeboard, for ballast). Check for wood/stringer rot on these boats though or you may be in for a $3k-$5k stringer job which will lead to reupholstering the whole boat since it's out. If you get lucky you might find a Sport Nautique '93 and up, MC 205, or Moomba open bow around $10k and have all composite construction.

I was in on a similar budget ($10k-$13k ... ish) a couple years ago and ended up with a Saltare for well under my budget. Added ballast, perfect pass, and extended pylon and very happy with it for a budget wake boat.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-29-2011, 6:45 PM Reply   
Hands down a late 80's Ski Nautique 2001. It will blows the doors off that stars and stripes or a 190. If you can find an older supra sunsport, sport nautique, or Mastercraft 205 it may be closer to top end of you budget but worth the extra couple k if you need some room.
Old     (wetneck)      Join Date: Nov 2011       12-06-2011, 2:05 PM Reply   
found a nice '96 S/N but is priced so cheap think it may have a stringer issue, ever hear of issues like this with the newer years ??

also found a Gekko , junk ??
and the wake behind a M/C sportstar ??