Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    supraman21v            07-17-2011, 10:40 AM Reply   
hi all,

my wake plate has a mind of its own. After a few runs, i'll turn the key and the wake plate moves on its own. I'll try to reposition via the control on the steering column and no dice. It will happen with and without the perfect pas pro setup. also, the travel of the plate is limited even when i have control - up 25%, down 75% is the max. getting my 12 year old up on a wakeboard when this happens is a challenge as I'll have to weight the front bag just to level off the boat some.....the wakes are way too big for her and it's a total pain. Also, trying to run home after a long day on the water.....and having the 21v act like flipper....porpoising over 24 miles per hour sucks. any ideas on how to fix the issue or what might be the cause?
I should add that last year i had my computer go out and had to replace the MMC box.......
please help !
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-17-2011, 4:48 PM Reply   
I had a set of relays for the trim plate go bad on my '07 21v a few years ago. They are behind the motor near the hydraulic fluid reservoir.

You could also try to reset the Trim Gauge, the directions are in the owners manual, and not that difficult.
Old    supraman21v            07-20-2011, 6:49 AM Reply   
thanks for the pointer, will give that a try. how is your 21v holding up? Mine has been in the shop for 8 weeks, someone decided to break my window so had to wait for a new one to ship from canada....not cool.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-20-2011, 7:51 PM Reply   
I have had minimal issues for the most part. the solenoid issue happened the 2nd season. I had issues with vapor lock and talked to the dealer several times about it but they kept putting me off, until after the warranty was up, then all of a sudden the fuel pump was failing and causing the vapor lock. Replaced the pump, no more vapor lock(would have been nice to have taken care of under the warranty though). Also had to replace both exhaust manifolds this past winter on my indmar 340 etxcat motor, even though the warranty was up, Indmar stepped up and covered the parts which was huge. Other than that it is holding up well, pushing 500 hours right now.
Old    supraman21v            07-22-2011, 5:51 AM Reply   
Sounds like its been a good one for you. I had a MMC box go out last June - took 2 months to get a new one. The MMC controls everything on our boats, the only thing that i could do is troll for trout, but i don't fish. Other than that - regular service is all i have had to do. The 2 month broken window and last year's MMC box took 4 months of our riding time, so i only have 194 hours on it. The rental boat last year I had for 2 weeks got 100 hours added to it...enzo 23. I can say after renting the enzo 23, I wasn't impressed. The enzo didnt handle as well, it flexed much more in the chop and the stock ballast was weak at best. This made me appreciate the supra a bit more, but I'd like my luck to change so i can have some water time with it. glad to hear you have had good experiences...hope that continues. Indmar is a solid company and to me the GPH on our motor (I have the same as you) seems pretty good compared to others.