Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (manels1111)      Join Date: Jun 2019       11-15-2019, 10:45 AM Reply   
So I was getting the new boat ready for the winter. I ran a hose from the cold water intake to a 5 gallon bucket of water with a hose running tap water into it. I also put fuel stabilizer in the gas tank. I then ran the boat at idle for about 10 minutes. Wanted to make sure all brackish water from the california delta was out of the system. Anyhow when I unplugged my hose it spilled about a gallon of water at the bottom of the vdrive compartment. When I jumped out of the boat I noticed a nice trickle of water draining from the drive shaft coming out the bottom of the boat. Is this normal? First time owner. It seemed weird to me as I figured water could get inside that way as well. Also it's going to be parked in a garage and will never even get close to freezing temps. Do you suggest I do anything else for the winter? It already has been hooked up to an onboat promairner battery charging system that keeps both batteries in tip top shape.

Thanks
Old     (CPanner)      Join Date: May 2015       11-16-2019, 1:31 AM Reply   
Totally normal. Your prop shaft is water lubricated. If you look there should be a 3/8 hose going from somewhere on your cooling system to your prop shaft.

As for winterizing, are you somewhere that if your garage heater goes out on you for a few days would your garage drop below freezing? If not then don’t worry about it.
Old     (manels1111)      Join Date: Jun 2019       11-16-2019, 3:56 AM Reply   
Ok cool thanks for the information. No we might see freezing temps a handful of nights for a couple hours outside but most the time its 60 to 70 during the day.