Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mnmark)      Join Date: Mar 2016       04-28-2016, 8:57 AM Reply   
I mistakenly agreed on a price of $20.5 before knowing much about the lack of options (no tower speakers, no amps, etc) and now just noticed it has a VM trailer, not the original blue Sanger trailer - that worries me a bit. He put it up for sale before getting it out of storage a week ago, I was the first to look at it. He has owned it for 2 years. Overall, It does seem to be in very good condition during my initial once over. Low hours (192, maybe too low) and I have not seen anything I'd rather have in the price range, during some extensive searching for the last few months. I cant afford to fly to California and pay $1500 to have another boat shipped back (sorry Red). I swear prices on these older boats are going up over a few years ago, if they are in good condition. Plan is too test drive it a few days.

Bottom line is I dont want to lose a bunch of money if I need to sell it in a year or two. Is it hard to sell a nice v210 in the Midwest?

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ws...500597256.html
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       04-28-2016, 9:05 AM Reply   
That's a solid buy. Speakers and amps can be added and you can get what you want. Prices are going up on all v-drive towboats across markets.You will not be dissapointed, you'll always look but it will do what you want very well at that price. VM trailers are what come under Sanger boats AFAIK. If it's your first towboat you'll be happy and duly impressed with what it does and does well. It's not a G21 or 23LSV and it's also not 160,000$. do the math. You can have a quality wakeboat and a lake lot....(which will accrue value over time)
Old     (NoCO570)      Join Date: Mar 2016       04-28-2016, 9:19 AM Reply   
I'm in Colorado and have a V215 that I bought 1,000 miles away. There's hardly any that go up for sale anywhere around here either and people don't seem as familiar with the brand. However, I wouldn't worry too much about resale, I think with the internet and everything being so global, your market is still pretty open. Plus plenty of people in the Midwest may want Sangers but just not have any access to them since the brand isn't as popular there. That V210 looks like a good boat and stands out a little more from the typical white gel schemes so you might have an edge with that when it comes time to sell as well.

To me, the price is fair enough for the hours and nice shape. It may seem a little high vs. Cali market Sangers but you'll pay more to get one to you.
Old     (mnmark)      Join Date: Mar 2016       04-28-2016, 10:31 AM Reply   
Thanks, that bolsters my confidence a bit more. It would really pop with the blue trailer, was that an upgrade option?
Here is Red's, exact same boat, with the pimpin blue trailer:
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/5538870527.html
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-28-2016, 10:40 AM Reply   
Only difference is mine gets used!!
Old     (mnmark)      Join Date: Mar 2016       04-28-2016, 11:01 AM Reply   
Haha, knew you would chime in sooner of later, good luck with your sale! If you were within a 5 hour drive, I'd come see it. Tell me your trailer was an upgrade option. My guy here with the black VM trailer got back to me, says he can prove it is original equip.
Old     (mnmark)      Join Date: Mar 2016       04-28-2016, 11:06 AM Reply   
two trailer options offered in 2003 for the v210??
Attached Images

Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-28-2016, 11:10 AM Reply   
To be honest I dunno. Trailers are trailers it's all about performance.
Old     (boatinal)      Join Date: Dec 2015       04-28-2016, 11:21 AM Reply   
Mark - I am in Stillwater (10 miles from where your boat is) and I just purchased a 2006 V210 last fall. Your trailer looks the same as mine other yours doesn't have the pads to stop the bow. The trailer rides really nice, my only frustration with it is I need to take the tongue out each time to fit in my garage and it is PITA to insert the two pins every time I put it back in. I can tell from the lights it is the same make, I just spent last weekend upgrading my lights to LED.

I know of another V210 in the Minneapolis area as well.

I paid quite a bit more than you are looking at for mine, but mine has a number of upgrades the previous owner did, including rear ballast, tower speakers, tower amp, 2nd battery, Hydrophase speed control, boom. I can't help you with resale value though. Here are photos of mine including trailer.
Attached Images

Old     (wotan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-28-2016, 11:31 AM Reply   
Weird -- I'm in Hudson and I've never seen that blue boat (or any other Sanger around here.)
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-28-2016, 12:35 PM Reply   
I'm in Cali and follow Sanger prices. Even in Cali, 20.5k for that V210 is a descent price right now. It could actually sell for more right now given the prices getting crazy now that our lakes are almost full. The 2003 has the updated dash (and in the V210 the seating is upgraded) so they will bring bigger money than say a 2001. BTW, VM trailers is the OEM trailer maker for Sanger. They did use Sport boats trailers from around 2004 to 2007 (in addition to VM) during the boom in the economy and VM couldn't handle the demand. I just bought my 2005 V215 late last summer. 97 hours, one owner, garage kept, showroom condition and triple ballast, kicker/JL audio sound system. I paid 26k and I thought that was an awesome deal.

Old     (mnmark)      Join Date: Mar 2016       04-28-2016, 1:04 PM Reply   
Alan, nice to know another V210 is around these parts! maybe we can race someday. I hope it passes all the tests I plan on putting it through, don't think I'll get an inspection. It has different rims than yours and blue trailer, so I'm not sure what the deal is.
Old     (mnmark)      Join Date: Mar 2016       04-28-2016, 1:07 PM Reply   
You got a great deal there RM, yours looks like a keeper to me.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-28-2016, 2:22 PM Reply   
That boat is basically brand new. Remember these boats aren't speed boats they are tuggers I personally never run wot. The easier you are on your motor the better off you will be and the longer it will last.
Old     (mnmark)      Join Date: Mar 2016       04-28-2016, 3:15 PM Reply   
I was only kidding with the racing comment, maybe 20 years ago, lol! Someone near Lake Mead should have a look at this 98 Vdrive, I talked the owner, sounds fairly legit. 440 hours $7500, no tower. Should be getting pics soon. http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/boa/5560146376.html
Old     (mnmark)      Join Date: Mar 2016       04-28-2016, 5:40 PM Reply   
update: Just got pics, its a DX II , closed bow and direct drive, but looks really clean. Not my cup o tea though.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-28-2016, 8:06 PM Reply   
My 03 V210 came stock on a VM Custom
Old     (TomH)      Join Date: Jan 2014       04-29-2016, 11:27 AM Reply   
VM's were definitely stock on a lot of the Sanger's. I'm guessing whoever purchased your boat chose the trailer color or chose not to option to a color-matched trailer. The V210's are definitely solid boats, and there are a few Sangers here around the twin cities - I know of at least 5 folks with them (one of them Alan's above) - couple 210's, couple dx2's, a dlx, and a 215. If I was in the market I would have checked that 210 out, as it's a good price and no need to ship.
Old     (mnmark)      Join Date: Mar 2016       04-29-2016, 7:16 PM Reply   
Hi guys, thanks for the info, great to know. I looked at a 2001 xstar (on craigslist) today in Roseville. It has 700 hrs, a hull patch and a very used appearance to it for $24k, I think I like this Sanger better. Also called on a 2001 Air Nautique in east Bethel 655hrs and asking $24k, he said half the vinyl had been replaced, could be a great boat though. Some people say 192 hours is not enough for a 13 year old boat - not used often enough.... I don't know about that, I kinda like the feel of a low hour boat myself. I'll be putting it through its paces at lake Owasso tomorrow, 8am. If it passes, it will be a permanent fixture on Gervais Lake here in Little Canada...fingers crossed, compression gauge at the ready!
Old     (2shay)      Join Date: Apr 2016       04-30-2016, 11:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmark View Post
Hi guys, thanks for the info, great to know. I looked at a 2001 xstar (on craigslist) today in Roseville. It has 700 hrs, a hull patch and a very used appearance to it for $24k, I think I like this Sanger better. Also called on a 2001 Air Nautique in east Bethel 655hrs and asking $24k, he said half the vinyl had been replaced, could be a great boat though. Some people say 192 hours is not enough for a 13 year old boat - not used often enough.... I don't know about that, I kinda like the feel of a low hour boat myself. I'll be putting it through its paces at lake Owasso tomorrow, 8am. If it passes, it will be a permanent fixture on Gervais Lake here in Little Canada...fingers crossed, compression gauge at the ready!
Well did you get it?
Old     (mnmark)      Join Date: Mar 2016       04-30-2016, 2:49 PM Reply   
Sadly, I saw some things during the testing that made me wish I had a seasoned mechanic with, I'm not sure what to make of it.
Old     (2shay)      Join Date: Apr 2016       04-30-2016, 6:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Sadly, I saw some things during the testing that made me wish I had a seasoned mechanic with, I'm not sure what to make of it.
Ok. Vibration? Leaks? Etc?
Old     (mnmark)      Join Date: Mar 2016       04-30-2016, 9:38 PM Reply   
Oil was black when I first looked at it (keep in mind it probably was used 20 hrs or so last year). Owner changed oil and plugs last week, two of the plugs were all black and sooty this morning, the rest were perfect looking. I saw a difference of about 153 to 180 PSI compression between cyls (15% to 20%). I've been told this could point to bad valve seals. Also, I was being rushed, and the low battery alarm started sounding as we tried to crank out the last few cylinders compression reading, this in turn angered the owner, since neither of us knew what it meant at the time. Lesson learned - make sure you have plenty of time set aside to do these tests, if you are going to do them yourself, and have an extra battery handy (none of the compression test instruction I looked at mentioned that point). I handed the owner $100 for his time, I felt so bad.
Old     (2shay)      Join Date: Apr 2016       05-01-2016, 7:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Oil was black when I first looked at it (keep in mind it probably was used 20 hrs or so last year). Owner changed oil and plugs last week, two of the plugs were all black and sooty this morning, the rest were perfect looking. I saw a difference of about 153 to 180 PSI compression between cyls (15% to 20%). I've been told this could point to bad valve seals. Also, I was being rushed, and the low battery alarm started sounding as we tried to crank out the last few cylinders compression reading, this in turn angered the owner, since neither of us knew what it meant at the time. Lesson learned - make sure you have plenty of time set aside to do these tests, if you are going to do them yourself, and have an extra battery handy (none of the compression test instruction I looked at mentioned that point). I handed the owner $100 for his time, I felt so bad.
That sucks man! That looked like a sweet ride, and was hoping you would get it. I wouldn't feel bad if he was angry, not your fault so far as I can see. Think if you didn't do those tests you could have bitten into a problem. Good Luck!
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       05-16-2016, 1:39 PM Reply   
I bet that boat had old gas and oil in it and needed a good flogging .