Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-14-2012, 7:55 AM Reply   
I am in North West Wisconsin and it is going to 75 this weekend, however, it is supposed to get down to 32 (low) in the next few days. It "looks" from the weather.com that it will only be that cold for one night.

I keep the boat in a metal shed, no insulation, but completely closed from the elements. I want to take the boat out today, but I don't want to winterize it again for this coming week.

What do you guys think?
Old     (bushtree)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-14-2012, 8:23 AM Reply   
No idea as Im in down in Arizona.. But that said, Space Heater/Propane Heater or something in the metal shed overnight? Just enough to keep it above freezing for the few hours necessary ?
Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       04-14-2012, 8:48 AM Reply   
Had my boat in the driveway last week in MN when temps dropped below 30 after having it already de-winterized. If its in the shed you song have an issue ... It won't freeze in that short period of time. Make sure that you start engine one more time after its out of the water - that will get most of the water out of manifolds etc. chances are that in the shed the temperature will barely be below 32 anyway so if you put a glass of water in there it will not be frozen at all either.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-14-2012, 11:44 AM Reply   
Is one day of riding worth 8k for an engine swap if anybody is wrong? Either leave it alone or take the 15minutes to drain the water from the block when you are done.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-14-2012, 12:42 PM Reply   
put some heat in the engine compartment, maybe a low wattage light bulb. Doubt you crack anything from a overnight coldspell. maybe if it was going to be below 32 degrees for more then 72 hours straight.
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-14-2012, 5:20 PM Reply   
Russell where u from? I'm from appleton,and my boat has been summerized for a month now...it will b fine.
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-14-2012, 7:02 PM Reply   
Hey Chris - I am in Western Wisconsin right on the border of WI/MN next to the Twin Cities. Good to know because I went out riding today Bad news is I think the servo is out on our Wakeboard Perfect Pass.