Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-09-2011, 9:00 AM Reply   
SeeDealerCost.com - I'm surprised that no one's come across this site? Dealers definitely don't want you to see their invoice price on a 2011 Centurion Enzo 240+ ($60,700!), but this site does!

Here's the best link to check out 2011 boats (limited 2010 boats and no 2012 boats yet) - http://www.seedealercost.com/product...ar-select=2011

This site (which I have nothing to do with, other than passing on a good tip) lets you view invoice pricing on major boats including Tige, Centurion, Sanger, Supra, Moomba & Supreme. I used it to get an idea of what my V226 invoice pricing was prior to making an offer

I work in the digital automotive marketing space where vehicle invoice pricing is a thing of 5 years ago...but the marine industry is up-in-arms over this site, according to this article! And just for the record...auto dealers have nowhere NEAR the markup that boats do!

Sorry dealers...it was bound to happen sooner or later!
Old     (SkylonEric)      Join Date: Jul 2011       12-09-2011, 10:41 AM Reply   
Boat dealers need higher margins to operate. Car dealers sell large volume to compensate for their low margins.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-09-2011, 10:56 AM Reply   
I dont know who would want to open a boat dealership.
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-09-2011, 11:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylonEric View Post
Boat dealers need higher margins to operate. Car dealers sell large volume to compensate for their low margins.
I can't say I totally disagree, but I wonder if more boats would be sold if the price was closer to cost. Same concept as car industry.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       12-09-2011, 12:04 PM Reply   
This site shows up on here about 1-2 times a year. Might be more relevant if they ever got more manufacturers. I personally realize my dealer has to make a profit. Add in that we are in Colorado with a short season and I realize he has to make most of his money in a very small window. I think the best deals are the ones where everyone walks away a little upset. No one got exactly what they wanted but everyone can live with the deal.
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-09-2011, 12:21 PM Reply   
For the record, I happily overpaid on my new boat and took less for the trade-in than I would if I sold it myself, and I probably could have argued over the west-to-east coast shipping fees too! - I fully understand the margins & volume concepts that allow dealers to command a higher profit, in order to justify being in business...just figured I'd share if others hadn't come across it.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       12-09-2011, 12:24 PM Reply   
Interesting...seems the retail prices for 2011 Centurions seems spot on if compared to Boattrader and Onlyinboards (of course thats without negociating). Interesting too is that seems to be an almost $30k markup in Centurions and some other manufacturers have a $9k-$11k markup. Also, I will disagree with the Tige MSRP prices shown. I've never seen a Tige RZ2 listed at $66k...more like $86k.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-09-2011, 1:01 PM Reply   
Some guy sent me a msrp for a V215 the other day that was at 72k.....lol - 30k in options seems a tad high.

Another note...how does my DLX cost more than the 215?
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-09-2011, 3:03 PM Reply   
WOW, that mark up is crazy. Even more funny is if I was buying a new boat, I don't think there is a single local dealer (central Ohio) that sells any of those brands.

I look at things differently - I want the dealership to make as little off me as possible. Just like car dealers, the money is made in service...just look at the crazy prices charged to service a car or boat. Not that I'd ever buy a car or boat new (that's for suckers - I'll let someone else eat the initial, and most heavy, depreciation).
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-09-2011, 3:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by you_da_man View Post
Interesting...seems the retail prices for 2011 Centurions seems spot on if compared to Boattrader and Onlyinboards (of course thats without negociating). Interesting too is that seems to be an almost $30k markup in Centurions and some other manufacturers have a $9k-$11k markup. Also, I will disagree with the Tige MSRP prices shown. I've never seen a Tige RZ2 listed at $66k...more like $86k.
The Tige prices are for base boats with no options.All Tige models the tower and any other color than white are options.Also stereo,ballast ,cover,trailer,docking lights,center bow cushion ect.You get the idea.Also not as many people own a boat as it is a luxury item and harder to get a loan than a car.For that reason alone boat dealers have to hold a higher margin.This website [seedealercost] will hurt the average 1st time boat buyer by giving them false hope and partial information on their purchase.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-10-2011, 4:16 PM Reply   
but it will help people get a realsitic estimate on where they should be paying. so basically what i get from this is a decently loaded rz2 should cost 70k or so if you know how to negotiate.
same thing with the other boats and their msrp.
Old     (jimmymcfly)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-16-2011, 7:04 AM Reply   
Cool site, they have 2012 Tige prices on there. Hope the rest and more come soon.