Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-07-2011, 9:56 AM Reply   
Can we please come up with a good keyword for wakeboard boats when selling them? I am still looking for a boat (different thread). I have been on a bunch of sites and still find it difficult to find boats. It would be nice if there were a word that would rule out boats I am not looking for. I have tried v-drive, vdrive, tower, wake, wakeboard, ballast, etc. I get some, but not all. I have to do multiple searches. I would like it if people would list the size of their boat and also include the beam size - I don't know every year model number length or beam size unless it is listed. Some people don't put the year, drive type, etc. I am just complaining about craigslist mostly. I wish the search in craigslist (searchtempest) was better. Year range, drive type, color, beam width, length, hours, etc. Just complaining. Feels like work sometimes and it shouldn't.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-07-2011, 11:07 AM Reply   
www.onlyinboards.com
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-07-2011, 11:13 AM Reply   
Just put in the brand you are interested in it should display the boats you want.
Nautique,Correct Craft,Malibu,Supra,Moomba,MasterCraft etc.
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-07-2011, 4:35 PM Reply   
I would put in a brand, but I am not brand loyal at the moment. I would have to put in every name and run a search one at a time. I do go on Onlyinboards.com and Boattrader.com everyday. It seems to me that most people try their luck on craigslist for a while first. Not everyone is on Onlyinboards or wants to pay Boattrader. Not all dealers are on any of them. The internet is not perfect nor will it ever be.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-07-2011, 4:56 PM Reply   
don't worry, my plan for total inboard classifieds domination is not complete... but it will be... oh yes, it will be.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-07-2011, 7:38 PM Reply   
I am using free craiglist reader from CraigsPal. Google that up. Best ever search engine for craigslist. It's a program for windows. Before my favorite was called jaxed mash before craigslist ordered them to cease using their service.
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-07-2011, 10:04 PM Reply   
as a buyer in the used market, you are constrained by 1) the used vessels available and 2) the sellers in the market that dont read the pointless drivel that much of wakeworld has become.

what a tough life we lead...
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-08-2011, 7:11 AM Reply   
When I was looking, I put the following into searchtempest:

wakeboard wake nautique moomba mastercraft supra centurion malibu

seemed to work well for me

Also, craigslist does have some good search syntax. You can seperate your terms with a pipe character | (The one above the enter key). So if you wanted to look for the major wake boat brands you could do the following:

moomba | malibu | centurion | natuique | axis | mastercraft
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-08-2011, 9:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
When I was looking, I put the following into searchtempest:

wakeboard wake nautique moomba mastercraft supra centurion malibu

seemed to work well for me

Also, craigslist does have some good search syntax. You can seperate your terms with a pipe character | (The one above the enter key). So if you wanted to look for the major wake boat brands you could do the following:

moomba | malibu | centurion | natuique | axis | mastercraft
Mine looks like this: malibu|axis|sanger|nautique|mastercraft|"MB Sports"|epic|centurion|tige|supra|moomba

no spaces between the |'s and for two word names like MB Sports, you need quotes around the term or else it totally goofs up the search. use that search on searchtempest and it should work just fine.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-08-2011, 9:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
don't worry, my plan for total inboard classifieds domination is not complete... but it will be... oh yes, it will be.

I thought you could only post MB's now over there
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-08-2011, 9:39 AM Reply   
Shawn/Tom,

I did not know that about the pipe character. I will give that a try and hopefully get some better searches going. Thanks for the help.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-08-2011, 11:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimewarranty View Post
I thought you could only post MB's now over there
Nope, MB's are still one of the least represented companies... but you see a lot of them on the site because most other manufacturers dont' allow dealers to list new boat inventory. MB allows it. If you could list new inventory of the big 3 boats on OIB there would be a TON more on there.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-08-2011, 11:59 AM Reply   
Glad to help...craigslist can be a pain in the ass, but in this economy, a lot of people are doing with the free listing services. Good Luck in your search!