Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-11-2011, 5:21 PM Reply   
Trailer is a 2001 SMP. Has 14" rims currently.

Has disc brakes on both axles (replaced last fall by previous owner), and bearing buddies, also done last fall.

I don't want to dump a fortune into the conversion. I am partly justifying it because I need 2 new tires for my 18' car hauler, and all 4 rims on it suck, so I would be able to use these rims/tires on it, offsetting some of the cost.

Any info on what it would take to do the conversion?
Old     (spridle)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-11-2011, 5:45 PM Reply   
It's a 5x4 1/2" bolt pattern. Ranger, Mustang, Crown Vic, Camry, Maxima, 300m and C, LHS, Element, 2wd Toyota truck...........to name a few. Watch CL aim for some 7" wide. The RWD vehicles probably have the best offset if you aren't looking to buy new.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-15-2011, 3:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by spridle View Post
It's a 5x4 1/2" bolt pattern. Ranger, Mustang, Crown Vic, Camry, Maxima, 300m and C, LHS, Element, 2wd Toyota truck...........to name a few. Watch CL aim for some 7" wide. The RWD vehicles probably have the best offset if you aren't looking to buy new.
I figured they were 5x4.5" Hell, I have 4 17x9.5" Konig Flights that would fit (drilled for 4.5 and 4.75) but are obviously way too wide

- What width will fit under the stock fenders? Or am I stuck upgrading to wider fenders?
- What is the proper offset?
- I also question what wheels will fit over the center hubs, as they stick out a decent ways with the bearing buddies. Or am I stuck running an open hub wheel?

I'm willing to go 17" rims as well - nothing smaller than that though.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-17-2011, 10:14 PM Reply   
maybe something like this without the Magic Powerboats on the lip:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magic-Powerb...a#ht_798wt_698
Old     (mjb929rr)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-06-2011, 5:17 PM Reply   
i have a 2008 supra 21v that came with stock 14" rims. I upgraded last year to 18x9 kmc rockstars and 235/40/18 tires. They fit perfect without any modification to the trailer. Boat seems to pull much better now. these tires are car tires but extra load capacity at about 1600lbs a piece.