Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-05-2011, 4:51 AM Reply   
Picked up this years father / sons / daughter project.
1978 Ski Nautique.
I was surfing CL yesterday and tripped over her, called the guy and he had the title and acepted a seriously low-ball offer. Cleared the appropriation of funds through congress and jumped in the truck.
The trailer is rough but made it home 100 miles.
There is no engine or reversing gear but the running gear and steering gear is intact.
No interior but the frames are all there.
The aft floor section over the shaft log is rotten as a corn cob but the stringers in way of the engine bearers are sound. Will see more once the floor comes up.
I actually have most parts sitting around. i have a 5.7 Volvo vortec complete engine that needs freshening. A buddy has an old 1;1 velvet drive under his bench he will let go cheap.
The Admiral gets full free reign on the interior.
The gel is actually pretty good and will polish up but the Admiral is talking paint colors.
My largest initial cash outlay will be a tower.
My timeline is running by March.
What do you think? 400 bucks......
Attached Images