Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (kjswensen)      Join Date: Mar 2015       08-25-2015, 2:53 PM Reply   
Surfest 2015 was a huge success!!! Check out the website for all the survey results. You may be surprised at the top boat and top wake surf board!!!

Look for us next year if you didn't get a chance to make it out this year.

www.utahwakeaddicts.com
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-26-2015, 12:56 PM Reply   
I don't get it? if one person rates a board high, then that's where the placement lies on your chart? Each board should have at least 4-5 reviews to be considered to be on the list...
Old     (kjswensen)      Join Date: Mar 2015       08-27-2015, 7:28 AM Reply   
I agree, but it is not always easy to get everyone that rode the boards to fill out the surveys....
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       08-27-2015, 9:13 AM Reply   
Why not have them fill out the cards before getting off the boat? Hand out the cards as the boat idles back into the dock and they get on new setups?

I understand the point of these events is for the people participating to try out all the new boats/ boards but if you are going to have reviews and some kind of rating system for the public who did not attend you need to get scores/ reviews from everyone. Even a little background info on the participants.

If a 115lb kid demoing a board reviews it as "super fast, responsive and a great buy" and a 200lb guy reads that review without knowing its a light rider thats going to suck when he finds out its a horrible fit for him.

Same thing if a beginner who has only ridden a few times hops on a higher end skim board and says it feels "loose and slippery" when really its just "responsive" and the beginner doesnt know to ride it on the rails.

Context is everything with these reviews and ratings.
Old     (lashburn1)      Join Date: Oct 2014       08-30-2015, 7:35 PM Reply   
Sample group is pretty small

But interesting to review
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-30-2015, 8:03 PM Reply   
22mxz beat the a24 by a wide margin? Something is wrong there. The A24 is a better surf boat hands down.
Old     (OneCent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-01-2015, 11:27 PM Reply   
There is no right or wrong ... that are all personal opinions and they are always right ;-).
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       09-03-2015, 9:02 AM Reply   
very nice work. Interesting the 5 people who rated the Phase 5 model X liked it so much. I've never considered that board. I'll need to look into it more. Boat survey is interesting. Not surprising the G25 got the highest rating. I've not been in an SE550 or any of the new Malibu MKZ (22 or 24) but I'd also expect them to be where they are. The group size for the boat ratings was decent and the wakes and boats would have been very fresh in their heads.

BTW, I like the included stats for each board rating showing male vs female, rider weights, and experience level. Great idea to include this!