Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-18-2019, 8:50 PM Reply   
Does anybody have one of the HO or Mission inflatable mats? Just curious of opinions on brand and how much you use it. I think my kids would love it when we are just hanging out swimming around the boat. I like that it deflated compared to the old style mats but also wonder if it’s a beating to pump up every time.
https://www.buywake.com/mission-reef...able-small-mat
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-20-2019, 2:13 PM Reply   
I got this one last year from Costco and has worked well so far. https://jimmystyks.com/products/wahoo

Seems to be good quality. Comes with 2 pumps and isn't too bad time wise to blow up. I usually make my 6 year old help me and we can fill it in just under 5 mins.

Between the foam roll up and the blow up you could argue the pros and cons of each. The mat is nicer but does take time to blow up so if you are moving around during the day you wouldn't want to inflate and deflate a lot which is where the foam style could be nice as you can roll it up. I'd say the downside to the foam is I've heard rolling it can be a pain and it's much larger of an item to store. Not sure what a wet foam mat weighs but the blow up is 50lbs.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-20-2019, 2:21 PM Reply   
-
Attached Images

Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-28-2019, 9:59 AM Reply   
^ How do you think it would hold up to a 85 lbs lab?
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-28-2019, 12:01 PM Reply   
Don't think it would be an issue. I can walk on my mat without it buckling and I'm over 200lbs on two legs.lol. The mat is quite stiff when blown up and is pretty thick material.

Last edited by bcrider; 02-28-2019 at 12:02 PM. Reason: change
Old     (haveboatwilltravel)      Join Date: Feb 2019       02-28-2019, 1:06 PM Reply   
the mission mat is awesome! we have it and love it.
Old     (Matt0520)      Join Date: Feb 2019       03-07-2019, 1:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrider View Post
-
Looks nice! How much was the Costco option? The Mission one looks nice but whew, spendy.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-09-2019, 9:36 PM Reply   
Just picked up a Large Mission Reef thanks to this thread. I was waiting to pull the trigger on an Aqua Lily pad for quite a while but couldn’t justify the money. I have an old DD Supra so space to store the lily Pad was a concern. The Mission Reef looks to be a lot more flexible with the way it folds down and fits in the duffel bag.

I wasn’t aware of the inflateable options until this thread. Thanks Wakeworld!!