Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Jbort)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-15-2015, 7:08 AM Reply   
Drew R - thats correct for last yr my goof-there was a kids boat then one youngster rode w his Dad. I don't recall the 6th. This yr we highly focused on numerous improvements including review quality, completeness and hand-in rate by providing swag bags for all riders that turned in a completed review book so we got 38 of 40 which is pretty good.

Dennis C - you got it right big time! Surfest is all about riders having big fun doing their thing with top boats and LOTS of boards. We then seek to capture info to share w others that cannot make it. And there's all kinds of special stuff that goes on ad-hoc that riders just flip out with. Here's one I'll share: The last group in the G23 on Saturday stayed out real real late and I was worried at the dock. Well Drew Danielo and Jodi Grassman offered to stay out w that group after they had finished their cycle to do some training and do tricks until dark. Those riders were bedazzled. One guy thats a good surf buddy of mine said it was the highlight of the event and that alone was worth the fee. Now he got to see TWO world class wake surfers up close and bedazzling. He was nuts EXCITED. We did not plan that- it just happened. A few others did more fun stuff.