Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    atx_shred            06-23-2014, 6:42 PM Reply   
What is everyone's thoughts about wakeboarding coming back to the xgames? I think the they could do all kinds of events like The Red Bull Rising air type of event, cable, boat, and maybe even winch!
Old    atx_shred            06-23-2014, 6:44 PM Reply   
Another thought I forgot to mention is either wake skating and wake surfing! I feel wake skating would do great in the XGames
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-24-2014, 6:04 AM Reply   
It's not back officially yet, unless you heard something I havent. I heard it was still in the works.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       06-24-2014, 6:28 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...ghlight=xgames
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-24-2014, 9:22 AM Reply   
XGames was a few weeks ago, no wakeboarding. If you want to see wakeboarding in the Xgames your best bet would be to get Andrew Pastrana or Shaun White into it.

XGames is a music/sideshow festival, not a sporting event. Locally all of the media was calling it a festival... It is not about the sports, pushing the sports or even a general bro-down. It is about sorority girls and affliction shirts packing in and paying $200+/ticket by the 10s of Thousands.

--End Rant.
Old     (AlbertaSurfer)      Join Date: May 2014       06-24-2014, 9:26 AM Reply   
Travis Pastrana? ^^^
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-24-2014, 9:33 AM Reply   
Ha Ha. Oops.
Old    atx_shred            06-24-2014, 9:45 AM Reply   
I know wakeboarding wasn't in the xgames! i was wondering what you guys thought about it coming back. I live in austin so I was at the xgames.
Old     (AlbertaSurfer)      Join Date: May 2014       06-24-2014, 11:18 AM Reply   
With how commercialized and overhyped the XGames is, I'd rather the sports I like stay well clear. Summer X is more than welcome to keep it's rally and moto to itself.

I get that it's a bummer that there aren't much in the way of televised wake events, but for myself wakeboarding is much more about pissing around with some friends on a beautiful day at the lake than watching someone flail a 1440 for the first time after being hyped for the whole week.

"Are we gonna see it from him?! He's rumored to have landed it in practice, will he have it today?! Will this be the time we all see history get made?!"
Get over it...

Sal Masakela left for a reason, and it's terrible now.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-24-2014, 12:16 PM Reply   
I kinda have mixed feelings on it. I am all about getting more people into our sport. But the X-Games has gone the way of Fuel TV for me. It wouldnt surprise me to see MMX in the X-Games soon. Even the coverage of skateboarding and biking has started to slip in the way for more Moto sports. Remember the X-Games back int the day? No Moto X, Random stuff like Rollerblading, Climbing, Skydive surfing, BMX downhill, Flatland BMX, Supercross, etc. IDK, maybe I am getting old. I just miss the guy and gals, pounding out a living doing what they love just getting by doing these obscure sports going for glory.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-24-2014, 12:34 PM Reply   
X Games also needs to do themselves a favor and get rid of that Graham guy. He's terrible. Austin he was a bit better but when he did winter X he just sucked.
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-24-2014, 12:56 PM Reply   
I don't think wakeboarding will ever really gain traction as a televised sport. One of the problems is that wakeboarding looks better in semi-slow motion than in real time. When's the last time you've seen a "professional" video that didn't include semi-slow motion? It's been a while for me.