Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bcall5)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-27-2014, 10:47 AM Reply   
I am 5' 10" and around 175-180. Can wake 2 wake easy heal and toe,working on learning spins and more complicated tricks. Looking for a good progression board and wondering which board and size would you recommend??
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       03-27-2014, 11:14 AM Reply   
I'd say 139. I'm 5' 10" 205lbs and I ride 142-145
Old     (nathanb)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-28-2014, 1:07 AM Reply   
It depends a bit on what you want out of a board. Bigger board will give a smoother ride with more pop and softer landings, smaller board will be more aggressive but spin and flip easier. I recently went from a 139 to a 142, the difference is noticeable. The biggest difference I noticed was how much better the 142 was once the water got a little rough. I am 5'11 180 lbs. I can't comment on either board as I have not ridden either of them
Old     (nathanb)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-28-2014, 1:11 AM Reply   
It depends a bit on what you want out of a board. Bigger board will give a smoother ride with more pop and softer landings, smaller board will be more aggressive but spin and flip easier. I recently went from a 139 to a 142, the difference is noticeable. The biggest difference I noticed was how much better the 142 was once the water got a little rough. However, it was definitely slower to react to any inputs and spins slower. I am 5'11 180 lbs. I can't comment on either board as I have not ridden either of them. If I were you I would take the 139, for me the 142 is the absolute biggest I would go

Last edited by nathanb; 03-28-2014 at 1:13 AM.
Old     (davedidonato90)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-28-2014, 3:00 AM Reply   
I am basically the same size as you, even a little bit bigger. I have rode a harley 143 and the 139. When i switched to the 139 it just felt more comfortable, a little easier to handle. I have a friend who is 6'1 200lbs and he likes the 139better too! I'd say go with that. I think it'd be a little easier to control
Old     (michaelvincz)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-28-2014, 6:34 AM Reply   
Being at 5'10" and closer to higher side of "recommendation" board size I think you should be riding the 143 cm. The more surface area will give you more pop and softer landings. it may be a little slower compared to the 139 but that will in turn force you to work the board better and give you more control in the long run. the 42 over the 39 is literally only a little over an inch in length and is definitely what you should be riding. I mean we are talking about 4 cm here.... not 4 inches... the boards are not going to ride that much different. One will have more/less pop and a little more/less swing weight...

Now if you are talking difference between the BOB and the Harley, that all depends on what you are looking for out of the board itself... The Harley is a aggressive three stage rocker with a lot of speed and pop. The BOB is a progressive 5 stage board with just as much pop and speed. Its going to ride a little faster and a little higher in the water than the Harley. That being because rocker and the surface area of the board.