Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakemaker01)      Join Date: Mar 2009       02-22-2010, 2:25 PM Reply   
Its almost time what new music yall have loaded up in those ipods?
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-22-2010, 2:31 PM Reply   
I've got a good list of artists going so far, including Passion Pit, Phoenix, the Kooks, and Arctic Monkeys.
Old     (wakemaker01)      Join Date: Mar 2009       02-22-2010, 2:40 PM Reply   
Kings of leon is on my short list.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-22-2010, 2:43 PM Reply   
Yea, they have a handful on my playlist too.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-22-2010, 2:56 PM Reply   
Cut Copy, LCD Soundsystem, Friendly Fires, Discovery, Steel Train, The xx, Empire of the Sun, Hot Chip, Phoenix, Passion Pit, David Guetta, Miike Snow, Spoon, Pavement, She & Him, Neon Indian, Major lazer, Grizzly Bear, MSTRCRFT... and the list goes on.
Old     (02redws6ta)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-22-2010, 4:45 PM Reply   
Disturbed, Chevelle, Shinedown, Breaking Benjamin, Sick puppies, All That Remains, Thousand Foot Krutch, Sevendust, Mudvayne, Five Finger Death Punch, Slipknot, Nickelback, Hurt, and Evans Blue.

Theres some good bands. I can't stand the pop/rap/hip hop crap so...
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-22-2010, 4:52 PM Reply   
Tantric, Breaking Benjamin, Hurt, Egypt Central, some Nickelback, Hed PE, Shinedown, Seether, Thousand Foot Crutch, RA, Three Days Grace, The Crystal Method, Rise Against, Hollywood Undead, and for some odd reason Yo Gotti haha
Old     (wakemaker01)      Join Date: Mar 2009       02-22-2010, 5:03 PM Reply   
Evans blue love that band and Future Leaders of America rock.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-22-2010, 6:04 PM Reply   
Ive really moved away from the music I listened to 6 months ago. Im really into 90's hip hop and underground stuff.

Heres what I mainly listen to

Beatnuts
Aesop rock
atmosphere
Big L
Big Pun
Erik Sermon
The roots
Outcast
Pharcyde
Aim
Snoop
Public enemy
Method man
redman
Gang Starr
Pete Rock
Talib kwali
Nas
Murs
9th wonder
Mos Def
Common
Mob Deep
Lyrics Born
Lords of the Underground
Arrested Development
Living Legends
Kool G Rap
Kayne
Jay Z
Hieroglyphics
Guru

Plenty more just cant think of them haha
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-22-2010, 6:21 PM Reply   
I have recently really gotten into Alice in Videoland (electronic pop), Kid Cudi (hip hop), Calvin Harris, Hey Rosetta!, Arkells, We Are Scientists, and Silversun Pickups.
Old     (wakemaker01)      Join Date: Mar 2009       02-22-2010, 6:25 PM Reply   
Silverchair and toadies are also way up on my list.
Old     (chris_b)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-22-2010, 6:37 PM Reply   
I need some music. I lost everything last week. My ipod bit the dust, so I have to get a new one before spring.
Old     (flattirenotube)      Join Date: May 2007       02-22-2010, 7:31 PM Reply   
Pretty Lights New Years eve tracks are a ton of fun.....all of their songs are free and they are a ton of fun..check em out www.prettylightsmusic.com
Old     (bmcgee)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-22-2010, 7:55 PM Reply   
I've been jamming to some: Band Of Horses, Beck, Sigur Ros, Silversun Pickups, Shwayze, Kid Cudi, Passion Pit, Phoenix, We are Scientist, Matt and Kim, Maps, and Manchester Orchestra.
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-23-2010, 8:32 AM Reply   
T Swift of course, kottonmouth kings, MGMT,Rehab, sum 41, avril lavrine, kelly pickler and my fav Colt Ford
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-23-2010, 10:21 AM Reply   
Twitch has a lot of the stuff I really like listed.

Also check out Fort Minor.
Old     (riddick)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-23-2010, 11:07 AM Reply   
1. always #1 is Rocky Top. (you will always get a reaction from someone when you jam that song haha)

2. Daylight- matt and kim

3.Little Secrets- Passion Pit

4. MGMT

5. All the way turnt up- Travis Porter

6. No Ceilings- Lil wayne

7. Kids- Chiddy Bang

8. Bullet - Rhymefest

9. Black Magic- Swollen Members

10. Welcome to jamrock
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-23-2010, 7:35 PM Reply   
EVALINE their cd is on itunes. Good tunes. the next cd should be out around may. http://www.myspace.com/evaline
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-23-2010, 7:41 PM Reply   
I have pretty much the same as 02Red. Gotta have it a little loud at times. I still am a sucker for 80's hair bands though. Ughh! Pretty much listen to everything except recent rap music. Just too hard to get in to. I think I have about 28 gigs of stuff on my iphone. I know I will get flamed, but you gotta love Nickelback "Burn it Down" how can that not be a good time anthem?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-24-2010, 8:50 AM Reply   
Am I the only one that thinks Nickelback is awful? I mean I honestly hate everyone of their songs, especially that pants around you knees crap. I can't imagine riding down the lake listening to Nickelback. To each their own, I guess.

My list, includes Deftones, Tool, Mewithoutyou, Clutch, and Lithium (Channel 54, I think) on XM plays alternative from the 90's many songs that I had forgotten.
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-24-2010, 8:59 AM Reply   
Jeremy...i agree with you 100% on Nickelback
Old     (kentharmon)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-24-2010, 9:57 AM Reply   
Jeremy, Nickelback is the gayest thing since Creed. Your not the only one. Ive been listening to Swollen Members, Sweatshop Union, Heiroglyphics, Pepper, and Rebelution
Old     (bmcgee)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-24-2010, 10:06 AM Reply   
I completely agree with Nickelback being terrible. I joined a facebook group called "Can this Pickle get more fans than Nickelback" and it only took a few days for it to get way more fans than nickelback. I thought it was hilarious.
Old     (sodaksooner)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-24-2010, 10:39 AM Reply   
Mostly 80's hair metal,some country stuff. Really like old Charlie Daniels. (Am I dating myself???) We really sound like a bunch of rednecks flying down the lake listening to "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" :-) My buddies just cringe... Also found a Christian group called Demon Hunter..not your typical Christian music. Not much into any of the newer stuff.

(Message edited by sodaksooner on February 24, 2010)
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-24-2010, 10:41 AM Reply   
Minus the Bear as well, amazing band, write tons of songs about the lake and the type of music it is is perfect for the lake.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-24-2010, 10:43 AM Reply   
and I agree with the Nickelback haters. Just not good song writing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2pXfAK8r1k
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-24-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
Jeremy.... I agree... I absolutely can't stand Nickelback. I thought they were kinda cool when they came out, but now it's like nails on a chalkboard. Ha, ha.
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-24-2010, 11:14 AM Reply   
NICKELBACK ROCKS! just watch this amazing talent below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qehuyXOmkRs
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       02-24-2010, 11:19 AM Reply   
Cody, i think my list included everything you said. Minus the bear, phoenix, passion pit, discovery, pinback. Been listening to some more dubstep sounds like bloody beetroots, nid & sancy, justice, boys noize.

(Message edited by wakeboardertj on February 24, 2010)
Old     (freshtracks)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-24-2010, 11:49 AM Reply   
Doesn't anyone listen to punk rock anymore???? and not the new radio is trying to pass for punk, the good stuff like agent orange, bad religion, lagwagon, dropkicks, etc. something to get you amp'd up for your set!

i know to each his own, but come on.. Creed? Nickelback?
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-24-2010, 12:24 PM Reply   
Definitely Taylor, some terrific music.
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-24-2010, 12:25 PM Reply   
^^^^^ I knew I would get killed for that and yes I do understand the whole hate thing. But I am not a member of their fan club by any means. So I apologize for even mentioning them. Forgive me!!!
Old     (wakemaker01)      Join Date: Mar 2009       02-24-2010, 12:44 PM Reply   
MJ probaly got the most play on my boat last year always a crowd favorite!
Old     (tyler11boats)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-24-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
Thought I was the only one that hated Nickelback... always good to know you're not alone.
Old     (motorcitymatt)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-24-2010, 7:01 PM Reply   
Any Kidz Bop CD will do in a pinch ;-)
Old     (wakecourage)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-25-2010, 10:23 AM Reply   
HOLLEYWOOD UNDEAD!!! Nothing gets me more pumped up then there music!
Also Breaking Benjamin, Rise Against, Story of the Year, Linkn Park, Social Code, skillet.....
I think all the hate for Nickelback is that there songs are over played on the radio. They have decent songs that hit all age groups. I would never make it a habit of pounding nickelback on the boat though. But I do not see why all the hate. I personally think when a band makes it big some people just hate it because they are popular. Its like the "cool" thing to do is bash nickelback.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-25-2010, 1:15 PM Reply   
"I think all the hate for Nickelback is that there songs are over played on the radio. They have decent songs that hit all age groups. I would never make it a habit of pounding nickelback on the boat though. But I do not see why all the hate. I personally think when a band makes it big some people just hate it because they are popular. Its like the "cool" thing to do is bash nickelback."

I disagree. How many times would you estimate "Free Bird" by Lynard Skynard has been played on the radio? I would say many more times than all of the Nickelback songs combined. But I like Free Bird. Pearl Jam hit it big, I like them. I used to like Limp Bizkit up to 3 Dollar Bill Yall. But after that aka "The Nookie", there music changed, and frankly became god awful. I mean they absolutely destroyed (in a bad way) "Behind Blue Eyes" by The Who. Korn's first album is still one of my favorites of all time, but then to appeal to the masses, they changed and now their music sucks. The intensity evaporated. I have never liked Nickelback, from the first song I heard of their's to whatever they put out last, which I'm sure I probably have never heard.

Another thing is I don't ever really listen to the radio, especially stations that play current or popular music. I listen to either Talk Radio on the FM or usually Lithium on Siruis/XM.
Old     (mastercraftboarder)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-25-2010, 1:29 PM Reply   
I find myself on JAM ON, Sirius 17 alot, good old music... now lets see who the first person to call me on the fact that most of that music is twice as old as I am... Respect the classics man
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-26-2010, 8:22 AM Reply   
Five Finger Death Punch is at the top of my list.
Old     (kkong72)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-02-2010, 7:59 AM Reply   
If your into hip hop thats different from the norm like Kid Cudi or Drake, check out Wiz Khalifa. Hes sick as hell and im going to playing him all summer on my boat. Check out his mix-tapes Burn After Rolling and Flight School and you wont be disappointed.
Old     (mcb611)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-02-2010, 7:07 PM Reply   
had my list finished for months