Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-11-2011, 9:35 AM Reply   
Sorry for the crappy iPhone pictures but finally finished the boat. Local guy named Andy did the install which I am very happy with. So if your in the Tampa area he is an independent guy that does lots of custom work. This was his first boat install and he did a great job. Shoot me an email I will get his info to you.

Harpoon Amp
600x1 running 12" exile Sub
400x4 running in boat speakers.
4 XM7s.

I went with coax up front due to kids in and out of the boat since they had more protection but components in the back. As soon as the black grills come in for the XM7 I am replacing the current ones.
Attached Images

Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-11-2011, 9:44 AM Reply   
Congrats. You will be stoked! Just got mine all installed too.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-11-2011, 10:41 AM Reply   
That's gonna be LOUD.. Clean install - nice to see "basic", reliable stuff.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-11-2011, 12:13 PM Reply   
Yeah I did not pay for a big fancy install he could have done cleaner and Brian really helped me figure out how to do it on a shoe string budget. Thanks guys I look forward to being THAT guy on the lake!!!
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       04-11-2011, 1:20 PM Reply   
Looks really good!
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-11-2011, 9:37 PM Reply   
Mark - Bravo on the second pair! Now that you've experienced a single pair versus the doubles and amp upgrade, whats the verdict???? A lot of guys ask me how much more effective sound you have in going to the second pair. Whats your take? was it worth it? I suspect your lovin the tunes!

Send us a few pics out on the water.

Cheers!

-Brian
Exile Audio
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-12-2011, 9:10 AM Reply   
What pictures of the garbage can in the yard and shop vac on the back don't look good you need water pics??? Yeah pretty lame that was a busy day with the twins and date night with the wife. Will get some water pics this weekend. The upgrade to two pair and the amp was WELL worth it!!! If you can figure out a way to spend the extra coin you wont regret it at all. Look forward to getting the black xm7 speaker grills love the murdered out look of those on the speakers. To everyone at Exile including the fellow twin dad Brian I finally love my boat where I just liked it a lot before.
Old     (rwb_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-15-2011, 2:02 PM Reply   
Looks good, still loving mine on my '04 XSTAR!
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-19-2011, 12:24 PM Reply   
Ok here are some beach pictures.
Attached Images

Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-20-2011, 7:16 PM Reply   
Can you post some pictures of your battery setup?
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-29-2011, 1:41 PM Reply   
here are the batteries not as pretty as many on here but does the trick. Just got the charge love it. Pull the boat into the garage hook up the plug to my garage light and done.
Attached Images

Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       05-02-2011, 8:27 AM Reply   
How did you do your sub? Got any pics of that set-up?
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-02-2011, 12:26 PM Reply   
No pics just built an enclosure the attached kick panel to it with with speaker grill. Turned out pretty good. Its under the drivers seat. Its a 12" Exile sub.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       05-02-2011, 4:41 PM Reply   
Cool! I did my bro-in-laws 06' X-1 last year. We put a heater in too so I had to build and move the kick panel out about 8" to clear the core. Just curious how you did yours.