Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-02-2016, 9:35 AM Reply   
I have a 2006 F-250 with the 6.0 Powerstroke diesel. I had the big repair done about 25K miles ago. (New head bolts, and a bunch of new lifetime parts etc. Nearly $7000 altogether at Left Coast Diesel) The truck now has about 171,000 miles, and the check engine light has come on again. It came on yesterday after sitting mostly idle in the Tahoe cold for a week. It still comes on though now in the relatively warmer Discovery Bay weather. Any ideas on what it could be? May try to get it hooked up to a computer today to see what codes it is throwing.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-02-2016, 10:22 AM Reply   
mine was a dirty EGR valve. I've been told regular cleanings are necessary to keep that engine healthy.
EGR delete is always an option
Old     (jamespjackson95)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-02-2016, 10:54 AM Reply   
A lot of idling is bad for these trucks. Could be vgt vanes in the turbo sticking. Do you have any driving problems?
Could also be as simple as a glow plug... Just get it scanned at advanced auto or orieleys. That should tell us what's wrong.
Old     (azwakeYO)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-02-2016, 12:13 PM Reply   
With Long term idling could be a oil/fuel dilution problem.
Old     (Zach)      Join Date: Nov 2015       01-02-2016, 8:29 PM Reply   
So many thins can turn the light on if you get a code I can look it up on the ford website for you.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-03-2016, 11:26 AM Reply   
Go to an auto parts store and have them pull the code for you. Parts stores in CO where I live will do it for free. MN parts stores make you hook up the reader yourself but it's still free. The codes will be vague in their description but that's what the internet is for. There are a ton of websites that will give you a collection of possibilities for each code. Start with the cheap and easy ones and work your way up.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-03-2016, 3:04 PM Reply   
You really need to plug in and see what the ecu says.
Best suggestion is get a obd2 bluetooth scanner and the torque app.
There is so much to the 6.0 that guessing what it is without talking to the ecu is a waste of time.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-03-2016, 4:22 PM Reply   
Code was 0069, which is supposed to be a MAP sensor. I erased the code and it has not come back. The code first popped up after the battery went dead in the cold in Tahoe. The truck sat idle in the cold for 3+ days. Hopefully everything is fine.