Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-26-2015, 11:46 AM Reply   
riding on lake austin

austin texas wakeboarding

filmed with a gopro hero 4

Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-26-2015, 2:42 PM Reply   
Edit looks good, but the warp stabilizer is pretty noticeable throughout. Getting the footage smoother to start with and using small amounts of warp stabilizer will help a bunch.

Not sure what your tube filming setup is, but things that will help are using a flat top tub, kneeling facing backward, and using a pole that is long/heavy enough to dampen vibration. Hang the camera using a gopro seatpost mount, or something similar, so that the camera is under the pole and its weight is helping to stabilize and level itself.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-27-2015, 6:08 AM Reply   
not sure where you're getting warp stabilizer from because all I did was conform these clips to 24fps from 120. I've got the filming down but wouldn't have had anyone to ride so I let my friend without much experience do it. i'd say he still did a good job too. thanks for checking it out though.

edit: what you might be noticing is slight distortion at the edge of the frame from correcting the fisheye.

Last edited by homedawg678; 07-27-2015 at 6:15 AM.
Old     (PureWakesurfing1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-27-2015, 7:13 AM Reply   
Cool. Keep having fun.
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-28-2015, 8:00 AM Reply   
I'd say your friend did a great job! I always find it hard to describe to people on how to film us riding. Yes you just point the end of the stick with the camera on it and pan with the rider, but there's more to it really. Makes me miss lake Austin.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-28-2015, 6:29 PM Reply   
slo motion definitely helped quite a bit but yea i think he'd done it once before.. thanks for watching though!
Old     (BlazeSr)      Join Date: Dec 2012       07-29-2015, 7:35 AM Reply   
Great vid. I would love to get footage like that of me.
Happy boating.
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-29-2015, 8:04 AM Reply   
I'm trying to watch this but it pulls up that it can't be found. Can someone post up a link to it.
Old     (RideClaytorVT)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-29-2015, 8:22 AM Reply   
Dope edit! I'm actually about to drop my edit as well, we filmed with the tube behind the rider though. I saw this on vimeo, might have liked it even before you posted it on here!

Rule of thumb though (or just what I go by): If you shoot in 120 fps, you should conform to 30 fps (slightly smoother look)....in your case the footage would be 1/4 speed then. Right now you are 120 / 24 = 1/5 speed (might notice the slight pix-elation at this rate compared to 30 fps). Just a thought!

Again, awesome edit!
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-01-2015, 12:13 AM Reply   
Grant.....Interesting... I have heard about sticking with 1/4 and usually edit at 30fps but have been doing 24 for the cinematic look lately. I will have to do a side by side comparison but I don't believe there is a noticeable difference.

thanks for watching !